Radar Fanatic

Default Impressive K-band range yesterday.

I wish I had a video cam so I could have gotten a video of this. Last night, I was coming home from playing tennis. If you take a look at this map, you can get an idea of the range....
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=solon,...0.110581&hl=en

As soon as I turned onto richmond road south from cannon road I started picking up a k-band ahead signal on my v1. I drove south and wondered where the heck the cop was hiding. (Please keep in mind this road is very very "hilly".) Finally when I reached the railroad tracks, I passed the cop using K-band constant on moving radar.

I measured the distance on the map between where I first encountered the signal to where I passed the cop and it was 2.25 miles. Now keep in mind the cop was coming towards me in the opposite lane, so presumably, he was moving the whole time himself... so in the time it took me to traverse 2.25 miles at 35mph, I'm assuming he would traverse a similar distance.. which means the original signal i was picking up may have been as far as 4.5 miles!!!

Founder of Stealthvation

Does not surprise me Lordhamster. I know the exact area that you are talkign about and hills is an understatement. How about the curves? I have never really had a chance to test out Ka band on the V1 POP2. In my area K band rules. Ka band are owned by the rich cities like Solon, Hudson, and Twinsburg
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Does not surprise me Lordhamster. I know the exact area that you are talkign about and hills is an understatement. How about the curves? I have never really had a chance to test out Ka band on the V1 POP2. In my area K band rules. Ka band are owned by the rich cities like Solon, Hudson, and Twinsburg
    KA band is no problem. I usually get lots of warning...on curvy streets, sometimes I'll get intermittant signals.. then they get stronger and more and more constant as I approach.