Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Last time I ask, promise..

Okay I get paid tomorrow and I will be making my RD purchase......

I'm in the state of VA and whether or not they possess Spectre's seems inconclusive at this point.

Whether I spend $400 on a V1 or $450 on an STI is all the same to me, so money is not an issue.

I want the best detector possible, and I really would like to get a V1 so I'd have the directional arrows and better laser protection but then again I don't want to be getting busted all the time for using a RD that is detectable when i could spend a few extra bucks and get one that is invisible (via freq).

So whats the verdict folks, V1 or STi??? My heart tells me to get the V1 for the arrows but logic tells me the STi to save myself those $90 tickets.....

Professional

STI i say. if you dont like it then return it. same for v1 you have 30 days to try them out.KA range is better on the STI

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by carlito
    STI i say. if you dont like it then return it. same for v1 you have 30 days to try them out.KA range is better on the STI
    well ok the 4th thread you have made about the same topic

ok you seem hung on the v1. why don't you get the v1 first and try it out for 30 days and see how you like it. i would guess if you eat a ticket in that time for possesion of a RD i would then suggest you send it back in and get an sti (that is if you got hit with a RDD and not one of those fool traps where they shoot you with instant-on and you hit the brakes the get pulled over and asked to cough up the RD for a ticket cause obviouly you would get the same ticket with the sti).

so basically if you can go the 30 days without a ticket then keep it, if you do get nailed you know the only way you have to go :arrow: sti

if you lived in any other state i would say get a v1 or rx-65 but since you live there and im not sure about the spectre making its presence there, i have said the sti. but it wouldnt hurt to try the v1 out and see how you like it :idea:

yeah yeah....4th thread, whatever..........this is a website devoted to radar detectors, you shouldn't be offended when i'm adding traffic to the website

thanks for being so quick to call me out tho, you're awesome

Banned

juat go with the V1... its upgradeable and you have the arrows... and if you decide you dont like it then get the get on the waiting list of the STi

Radar Fanatic

your in an area where detectors are illegal?

go with the sti!

if not V1

Advanced Member

STi...I would hate to run into one the VA locals with the spectre...V1 hasn't said anything work about a spectre proof RD....Heck the V1 only ships inside the states so what make you think they will go make a spectre proof radar detctor to ship to one more state

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by EerFoolWVU
    yeah yeah....4th thread, whatever..........this is a website devoted to radar detectors, you shouldn't be offended when i'm adding traffic to the website

thanks for being so quick to call me out tho, you're awesome
    i gave you an answer also thanks for pointing that out. its not my problem if you have some issues and keep posting the same thing over and over, get a grip then get a clue :roll:

stop spamming the boards
    1. http://www.radardetector.net/Best-Ov...ate-12307t.php
    2. http://www.radardetector.net/Which-d...eds-12295t.php
    3. http://www.radardetector.net/Valenti...1.9-12308t.php

different topic, same information, OVER and OVER again spammer :roll:

Good Citizen

For most people id say STI, but you seem to like the V1 more, so id say V1, eventually they will be spectre invisable and you can get it upgraded, either way you'll be happy

Professional

V1. Better detector, better support, lower price. The STi is a niche detector, designed for those in illegal areas and commercial operators. While you are in an illegal area, the primary means of detection there are VG2s (which can't pick up the V1) and brake-light traps. The number of Spectres out there is so low at this point that the odds of getting hit by one are too small to justify spending the extra money on a detector that Belscort will stop supporting in a couple of years when they release the STi2 or RX-80 or whatever anyway, and isn't even on top of the performance lists today.