Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Founder of Stealthvation

Default Why Do People Bash Each other's Detectors?

What is funny is how some people want to right away say "mine is better than yours"? WHY? I know that as a Valentine One owner and an RX65 owner I like them both and each of them for different reasons. I PERSONALLY like the V1 better for a few reasons. I HATE the term V1 Zombie. One needs to ask themselves "why are V1 owners so persistent in defending and raving about their detector"? The most consistent reason that I keep hearing people say is because they paid too much for it and now feel like they have been ripped off? This is BOGUS since the V1 has AWESOME resale value. In most cases someone can sell it for the same price they bought it for! I remember being on www.opinions.com and reading people's review about how the X50 gave a 20 second head start warning compared to the V1 and vice versa. All of this is CRAP. I have owned all three detectors and I can HONESTLY tell you that all of them warning you just about the same with maybe a 2 to 3 second difference on RADAR. The only difference is X band and this is because the X50 is not equal to the RX65 and V1. The ONLY clear advantages the V1 has over the other two are the fact that it is a radar locator, has greater peripheral or wider vision, and the fact that its laser detection capability is unequaled. In terms of laser detection the V1 CLEARLY is on a league all on its own where it cant be argued. There are some features that I really like about each one. The X50's multiple band identifier, the RX65's talking band identifier, and the V1's arrows. Out of all of these I must say that I like the X50's multiple band identifier and arrows equally (maybe lean towards the multiple band identifier a little more than the arrows). The feature that I think is WAY overated is the frequency identifier. To ME this feature is useless but to some maybe not. The bottom line to all of this is that all three detectors are great. As far as the falsing issue each of the big three has their issues. The RX65 and X50 does not stop falsing with POP enabled and these are not just low alert falses but FULL BLOWN falses to the point where it has to be disabled. The V1 seems to be IN LOVE with K band and cant seem to get off this band. In advanced logic (the only mode I keep mine on) the falsing is much more tolerable but not on the same level as the RX65 and X50 with POP DISABLED. Now lets see what attacks arise :shock: Keep in mind that these have been my real world experiences and not made up myths
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

Great summary! Don't forget that the V1 beats all others by 2-3 miles in Ka band rear detection and a 1/2 mile on X and K band rear detection.

Speed Demon

Somebody needs to come up with a survey for people looking to buy a radar detector. Would you want red lights or blue? Metal or plastic? Best laser detection or above average detection? Heaviest or lightest? Longest or shortest? Weighs the most or least? Best X band? Best Ka band?

Have a bunch of questions that would point that person in the right direction.

Founder of Stealthvation

Not a bad idea. Kind if like a fishbone diagram

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiGeAsYgUy
    Great summary! Don't forget that the V1 beats all others by 2-3 miles in Ka band rear detection and a 1/2 mile on X and K band rear detection.
    proof of a full half mile, according to all the test i have read the results of frontal X and K they vary by .1mile not .5

Of course it has better rear detection...it has a second rear facing antenna

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

Happy i do agree with you but people feel the need to defend the thing they bought cause they would like to think they have the best. But the definition of best varies. Many see the V1 as the best but someone who hates falses might think the Rx65 is the best.

To each his own

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Founder of Stealthvation

It kills me when people say the "V1/X50/RX65 alerted me 30 seconds before the other" That is a full of BEEEEEEEP statement and right away the person loses credibility with me. I never had the RX65 beat the V1 by more than a second or two and I never had the V1 beat the RX65 by more than a second or two on front detection on any bands. The ONLY exception is laser where my V1 dominates

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGeAsYgUy
    proof of a full half mile, according to all the test i have read the results of frontal X and K they vary by .1mile not .5

Of course it has better rear detection...it has a second rear facing antenna
    I am sure you saw this SML rear radar detection test back when there was just the 8500 not X50.

Lead Foot

Don't forget the X50 has a voltage meter too. I like keeping on there personally.

Founder of Stealthvation

Leepoffaith congradulations on your purchase of the Blinder. You will LOVE it. It is awesome to know that laser is not a threat.

buyradardetectors rocks!