Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

good stuff there jim.

Newcomer

Default Good topic...

My dad gave me an old Cobra Trapshooter when he let me have his old car when I turned 16/17. He said he drove faster without the Cobra because it drove him nuts beeping at everything.

I mounted it on the visor, next to the V1 on the window a few days ago. Finally after running it for a few days it made a beep. I think it could possibly just be X band. It beeped at a false that the V1 only catches if in the 'A' mode. I haven't had a strong enough K band signal since adding the Cobra to see if it does K band too.

I'm only running the Cobra for sh1ts-n-giggles. I'll try to take a picture of it. One green led for power, one red led for 'signal', and one ear piercing high pitched beep. In the years I had it, I only remember it actually beeping at police radar one time. Actually several times at the same place the police were sitting in those days. The start up sequence is: One ear piercing beep with a corresponding red led blink.

I'm happy with my V1, and my dad is happy with the BEL RX-65 I bought him. Both great detectors.

- JyRO

Lead Foot

Default Yes thats the model.

:shock:

Thank you,

Thats is the one, also have laying around here at one time the archer kit.

Was 'fun' back then, the police tried like mad to catch me while using one. But it had better range then their radar units did. Then came instant on, that made it abit harder to get away from them. But knowing their hiding spots helped. then came the speedguns and Decatur rayguns.

Do you happen to have any pictures old radar units? I still remember my first moving radar, West Bend moving unit, huge outside horn (like the old Kustom units) which was placed on the back windows of the squads. Bought used at a amateur radio ham fest in Madison Wisconsin.

Thank you,

Spin