Good Citizen

Default Speeding ticket with just a cops eyes?

I know there's pacing, radar, laser, vascar. But can a cop smack you with speeding (or reckless driving?) ticket if he knows you're speeding, but can't pace you?

Example: You're talking to someone and you pass a cop driving in your same direction speeding. You slow down right after you pass him, and he doesn't officially get a pace on you.

There's countless scenarios.

Thanks.

Speed Demon

Yes it's possible but it should be fairly easy to appeal, depending on the circumstances though.

This is why you have to drive with your eyes peeled. You have to outsmart the cops in order to beat them, so you should be able to spot them before they spot you.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios
    Yes it's possible but it should be fairly easy to appeal, depending on the circumstances though.

This is why you have to drive with your eyes peeled. You have to outsmart the cops in order to beat them, so you should be able to spot them before they spot you.
    I definitely make this my #1 priority when going over the PSL. I'm just saying sometime down the road it may happen and I'm just curious.

But beleive me, my eyes are scanning for cops at all times when I hover over the PSL.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by dgessler
    I'm just saying sometime down the road it may happen and I'm just curious.
    As Synbios said... it is possible, now how easy it is to get thrown out depends (often reductions are possible)... because I know for NYST's for example are actually tested on their ability to guesstimate the speed of a vehicle for ticketing purposes. So basically if an LEO is trained and tested in such a tactic (like NYST's), its often hard to get it thrown out... but some local departments dont test for that, so it would be easier to get the ticket thrown out from an untested and untrained LEO in that tactic.