Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IT WORKS!!!!

Default IT WORKS!!!!

Hey guys... I'm always posting things i know but you guys have helped me out so much so i just feel the need to return the favor by posting my experiences and whenever i come into contact with something b/c it could very well help someone else out.

Anyway i posted a previous threat regarding my detector and how every cop i come into contact with doesn't seem to have their radar on and i was wondering if it was defected or whatnot. Well it's not!!! I was on my home this morning early around 1am. And a cop had pulled over a car for speeding or whatever the reasoning was, and apparently he still had his radar on.... And the X50 was going BALLISTIC!!!!!! It was a Ka Band. And it was literally going crazy. The only thing was that it didn't alert me as quick as i thought it would, then again it could have been b/c of the angle, etc... But it definitely went off. I even made a u-turn to see if it would do it again and it did. So i'm relieved!!!

yeh i found that to be the case too.. even after the cops pull someone over, they leave the radar going even though they can lock the speed and shut it off...

Advanced Member

The X50 is a great detector.........relax and enjoy it
    I'm sure you'll have more encounters soon enough.

Speed Demon

now now... would we have steered you wrong? :wink:

enjoy your X50!

P.S. As for alert time--where do you have it mounted?

Old Timer

Just wait until you get a cop with K band, you will crap yourself on its range compared to your older detector

Lead Foot

Congrats tech,

That didn't take long now did it? Good to see your confidence boosted.

Founder of Stealthvation

There is nothing wrong with your detector. You got one hell of a detector!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Thanks everyone for your comments. Only one thing i was suprised at the detection range. I would have thought that it would have alerted to it a lil sooner than what it did. And this was a Ka band as i mentioned before. I mean it wasn't even close to like a half a mile! :?

Does the RX65 give better overall detection range? :?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tech_geek
    Thanks everyone for your comments. Only one thing i was suprised at the detection range. I would have thought that it would have alerted to it a lil sooner than what it did. And this was a Ka band as i mentioned before. I mean it wasn't even close to like a half a mile! :?

pretty much equal but in Bob's real world testing he got better X-band with RX65, by 9 seconds

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by tech_geek

There are so many different variables to this question. The type of vehicle it's in, the windshield, terrain, all the little widgets inside the RDs, weather, barrometric pressure (j/k ). A good way to prove it is to get an even number of RDs (10 Rx65s, 10 X50s) and get out on the road with some of the guys here who have radar and laser guns, set in different areas of a specific route on open roadway (City/Hwy) and gun the hell out of us.

This would take some doing in that we would also an assistant driver to record the reception point and the distance. From that we can get an average distance of detection.

I think I'll start a new topic....