This is my first post but I have been reading around for many hours. I have learned a lot of information from all you guys. Thanks.
My wife just got her 4th ticket in less than a year. We just paid $2,500 for this lawyer to fight it. She can not get anymore tickets. 2 of her tickets were from speeding clocked by laser. I need to do whatever it takes to prevent anymore tickets.
We live in Los Angeles, California and from what I have read on these posts the Leo's are using: Ka(Stalker), Pacing, K, Vascar, and Laser (Mostly ProLaserIII). My wife mostly drives a black 93 4Runner to work. I need to make that car hard to detect. I know where you live, the car you drive, color makes the difference on what system to buy.
I am already sold on Veil. I would do the headlights and all the chrome mirrors, bumper, and grill. I am going to buying this through Roy. He has a special with a Laser shield which would cover the front license plate since in California it is required.
When it comes to detectors I am torn between the Passport 8500 X50 or the Valentine1. If the detector was going to be in my car I would probably lean towards the V1 because of the sensitivity. But, since it would be for my wife's car I am thinking the X50 just because it seems like it would false less and it seems it might be less confusing for her. My main concern is laser, they both seem like good detectors for that.
As for laser jamming, It is not legal in California. I still want to take a chance and add the system. It seems as if the Blinders are supperior so I am leaning that way but then again If I end up going with the Escort for the detector maybe I should match it with the ZR3 since they can be connected to each other. My next thought is wait on the jammer because it sounds as if new stuff is comming out soon. Maybe a more powerful jammer or more concealable one.
I'm just a newbie here so I was hoping maybe someone out there had a similar situation like mine. Maybe they can give me a few tips. Each day I read the forums I switch back and forth and can not decide. I don't want to have buyers remorse afterwards.
Thank you guys for reading this and your help.