Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Founder of Stealthvation

Default UNIDEN BEARTRACKER BCT8 REVIEW

Guys let me start by telling you that in my two weeks of using this digital scanner I must tell you that it is AWESOME! This example should give you a good idea. I was coming home from work on the Ohio Turnpike. My BCT8 started to beep with a red light flashing leting me know that a State Trooper was in the area (within 3 miles). At about 1 mile into it I get a short Ka warning on my X50. At about 1.7 miles later I see a State Trooper radaring people with his Ka band radar gun. This thing is VERY impressive. IMO just this feature alone is worth the price. What is also neat is that you can adjust the distance that the BCT8 will give you a warning of a State Trooper :shock: If you travel the highways a lot this thing is worth its price in GOLD! Roy you only sell the best so why not add this to your arsenal?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

This beartracker feature sounds really nifty. I thought that Uniden used it while back but had discontinued the feature. Interresting to know that it's still around. If I did more highway driving than I currently do, i'd really like one of those. As it stands now though, the Bel RX by itself is working ok for the limited amount of driving i'm doing.

Coupla questions for you-

When the Beartracker alerts, does it give you a signal meter or just tell you that it's there?

How does the BCT8 perform just as a scanner?

Founder of Stealthvation

Just tells you that it is there. I WISH that it gave you signal strength :cry:

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Administrator

Default Sanner

Does it cover the new 800 Mhz bands?? Many departments out here have switched over to that
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Founder of Stealthvation

Yes it does. In the front of my manual it says "Beartracker Warning System with 800 MHz TrunkTracker III"

buyradardetectors rocks!

Administrator

Default Cool

Will have to explore these more, keep me posted on your thoughts of the product I am interested in learning more. How much was retail??
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Advanced Member

I haven't used the BCT-8 yet, but in the past I have used the older units, the BCT-7 and the BCT-12 extensively. I look forward to trying the BCT-8, because the frequencies in the older units are outdated, especially for where I live (Michigan). The State Police here are now all APCO25 digital. The new BCT-8 has some kind of a "special" scan mode for a handful of states, Michigan being one, hopefully this will be useful.

One time I was going north through Illinois. I was actually using both the BCT-7 and the BCT-12 at the same time. I used the BCT-7 to monitor CB-19, and used the BCT-12 for the highway patrol alert. As I crossed the border into Illinois, I heard the truckers talking about a Laser speed trap about 100 Miles ahead on CB. When I got pretty close, the BCT-12 alerted me that ther was police in the area. Then about 30 seconds later, my V1 alerted for Laser. So, the highway patrol alert on these units definitely has the potential to save your butt, and can also provide you with some protection against VASCAR and aircraft enforcement.

I had good results with it in other states as well. Not all states still use the mobile repeaters, but the Highway Patrol Alert also alerts on low range car-to-car, aircraft-to-car etc frequencies, which would likely be used in multiple-vehicle speed enforcement. I know Michigan no longer uses the "standard" mobile repeaters, however maybe Uniden found a good way to get around this, I don't know all of the ins and outs of the way the radio system works.

IMHO, the BCT-12 was an awesome unit in it's time. I still use it on long driving trips. The only major thing it lacked as far as I am concerned, is CB receive. It was small, and I mounted it just like my detector. I really hope that Uniden eventually produces a successor to the BCT-12! Here
    's my wish list:
    detector-sized unit
    CB Receive
    Computer-Updatable frequency database (when police freqs change)=never obsolete
    APCO25 digital (Maybe I am asking for too much

Jim

Founder of Stealthvation

You just sold me on a BCT-12. I am going to pick up a used one

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

That BCT sounds very cool, I will probably get one. Happya$$, let us know how well it warns of VASCAR traps especially VASCAR from aircraft.

Jamal

Founder of Stealthvation

BCT-12 or the BCT-8 Stealthjamal?

buyradardetectors rocks!