Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leaking crapra

Lead Foot

Default leaking crapra

While driving down the highway, i noticed a mustang next to me had a cobra no doubt. 3 mins later my v1 alerted weak Ka. then 2mins later..my v1 went full strength Ka and nearly pissed my pants. I didint see and LEO's around me..but i was wondering if cobras leak of Ka can cause a full strength of Ka on the v1? im pretty sure it was an LEO using instant on..but im just making sure.

Old Timer

I have never seen a detector make another go full alert

Advanced Member

I've had it happen with V1+Cobra in the lab at very close range. But who knows how far away it would happen...

Lead Foot

By the time the V1 went full on Ka, seconds later the white mustang flew by me in the right lane.

Good Citizen

While driving down the highway, i noticed a mustang next to me had a cobra no doubt. 3 mins later my v1 alerted weak Ka. then 2mins later..my v1 went full strength Ka and nearly pissed my pants. I didint see and LEO's around me..but i was wondering if cobras leak of Ka can cause a full strength of Ka on the v1? im pretty sure it was an LEO using instant on..but im just making sure.
    I tend to find that other cobra's make my STi false on X-band and never on KA band. I was recently in Michigan and you guys aren't kidding about the leaky detector problem. I would get tons of weak X-Band signals on hwy 94.

Radar Fanatic

Cobras commonly trigger 33.728 on my RX65.

Radar Fanatic

A while back I had a RD in a mitsu suv give a full ka signal as i passed him, it detected the other RD from about 1/8th mile away and slowly ramped up to full as I was next to him.

Professional

Just last week I had a Cobra set my V-1 into full alert at nearly 25 yards distance. it started the KA alert at about 500 yards. It did not "J" it out either. I thought I missed a sneaky leo because of the way the KA alert ramped up. (rarely used band up by me, mostly K-band here) I pulled a u-turn to see where the leo was sitting and got a rear alert as soon as I passed this parked car with a guy reading a map. When I pulled my second u-turn to get back to where I was first going, the KA alert ramped up again steadily as I approached this same car, so I pulled up to it and asked what type of RD he was using, It was a cobra), and he asked how I knew, then I showed him mine alerting to him.

So from my experience the cobra's do not put out a signal to the rear part of the unit, just the front, and strong too!

The way these cobra's broadcast a strong KA signal, I doubt leo's would even need a spectre to find them, they just need another radar detector.

These things broadcast KA so strong, it makes you wonder if they can even detect a signal over their own leakage!!

Good Citizen

Maybe it's just a scam and they're jamming other brands!

Lead Foot

freaking crapra..i need to take a bat and smash those things.