Default Upgrade or sell 1.6

found out my valentine is a 1.6 am going to upgrade unless some one here thinks it would be better to Ebay it. Any thoughts?
    Vikingok.

Radar Fanatic

What's the upgrade cost given on the Valentine website? If it's as much as I think it is you'd be better off selling it on Ebay. (They'll probably want you to pay nearly $300, whereas someone will still pay you at least $200 for yours, even knowing how old it is.)

Valentine wants $279.00+$6.50=$285.00 for the upgrade. I didn't know with it being a 94 1.6 model if it would bring very much on Ebay.
    Vikingok.

Radar Fanatic

You'd be surprised. If you want to get a feel for what to expect I would recommend looking at the auctions currently on Ebay. Newer units go for practically MSRP, 1.7s go for not a whole lot less, and even a 1.6 can fetch 150-200. There are no guarantees, but you're almost sure to be better off going that route.

i'm not sure how much you've bought or sold on ebay, but if you've never sold anything on ebay before (or bought), most experienced ebay users are going to be very hesitant about buying from you with no feedback rating.

there's still hassles in communicating with the buyer and shipping it to the winning bidder. having sold more than $1000 worth of stuff on ebay, i'd the say majority of people are going to want to use paypal. however in order to accept credit cards, you need a merchant account which will take out a few $$ from your bottom line. ebay also accesses fees based on whether you set a reserve price or not and how much the unit ends up costing. if you get $200 for it, i'd say you'll have to pay $10 in fees.

i'd say either is about a wash. with a unit that old, i think i would forgo the ebay route of chance and get the price break from valentine. what you're essentially getting is a new unit anyway. you can probably get more than $120 for it, but is it worth the hassle? your call.