Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Some important info regarding police radar..

I have noticed for a while that some of you guys here post that you believe police radar sets can be "dialed back" in power. This is understandable since many police radar units have a "range control" on them. It is also understandable because the newer ka radar run at lower power than the older analog sets. Also since Ka band antenna "beamwidth" is much narrower it can't be picked up as easily as the old x and k band sets can. All this makes it appear that these sets are being "dialed back" in power to catch speeders. Actually the "Range control" on police radar is only a (sensitivity control) it can be lowered to pick up closer targets and ignore more distant ones. It has nothing to do with adjusting the sets power level. Even on the newer units this is true (dsp units) The traffic radar companies have tried for years to make radar that can be adjusted in power density with no luck and still are trying... This info comes right from my secret source "deep throat" so I can't reveal his identity.... Lets just say that when it comes from this source it is 100% accurate... 8)

Banned

Default Re: Some important info regarding police radar..

Quote Originally Posted by stalkervision
    I have noticed for a while that some of you guys here post that you believe police radar sets can be "dialed back" in power. This is understandable since many police radar units have a "range control" on them. It is also understandable because the newer ka radar run at lower power than the older analog sets. Also since Ka band antenna "beamwidth" is much narrower it can't be picked up as easily as the old x and k band sets can. All this makes it appear that these sets are being "dialed back" in power to catch speeders. Actually the "Range control" on police radar is only a (sensitivity control) it can be lowered to pick up closer targets and ignore more distant ones. It has nothing to do with adjusting the sets power level. Even on the newer units this is true (dsp units) The traffic radar companies have tried for years to make radar that can be adjusted in power density with no luck and still are trying... This info comes right from my secret source "deep throat" so I can't reveal his identity.... Lets just say that when it comes from this source it is 100% accurate... 8)
    rigghhhtt. Because talking about power control on a radar gun is some big secret to the industry? Not sure why reavealing the source would be a big deal on this kind of topic. It's not like you're calling up Laser Atlanta and asking how stealth mode works.

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    rigghhhtt. Because talking about power control on a radar gun is some big secret to the industry? Not sure why reavealing the source would be a big deal on this kind of topic. It's not like you're calling up Laser Atlanta and asking how stealth mode works.
    ahhh stop being so difficult !!! Maybe YOU know that but others here sure don't... :wink:

You want to know how "stealth mode" works I'll ask "deep throat"... :wink:

Why don't you have a clue about that already thou? :?

Why didn't you mention your knowlege of this fact when people said they were going to "dial back" power on their radar guns to test them...??

Banned

ahhh stop being so difficult !!! Maybe YOU know that but others here sure don't... :wink:

I know how stealth mode works and I told this forum how it works. I was just making a point.

You can ask deep thoat for yourself, email me his theory and I'll tell you if it's correct or not.

Chris

I know how stealth mode works and I told this forum how it works. I was just making a point.

You can ask deep thoat for yourself, email me his theory and I'll tell you if it's correct or not.

Chris
    If I got it from him it wouldn't be a theory... :wink: 8)

Obviously you know how it works already thou... :wink:

woke up on the wrong side of the bed today or haven't got layed for a while haven't we...

Banned

yeah, it's been over a month :-( LOL

yeah, it's been over a month :-( LOL

Ya I can tell..... :wink:

Banned

All of you made me this way. Spending too much time with radar and laser = not much time for anything else. I hate all of you

All of you made me this way. Spending too much time with radar and laser = not much time for anything else. I hate all of you
    Well go out there and start "Pounding some Pussy" will ya!! What's more important this crap or that! :shock: The least you could do is bamboozal a few hot chicks into the sack after they helped you run your tests! I once read a story about a cop who aimed his radar gun in the window of a parked car when a couple of kids were going at it and got a speed reading on this guys butt. He told the girlfriend he was giving the guy a ticket for "excessive speed" and she said "I KNOW!" :x Maybe that would be a real interesting test to see how high a speed you could get doing the good old "IN and OUT"... :wink:

We could even post test scores....!! Now I call that a test! 8)