I live in Maryland, work in washington DC, and occasionally drive in Virginia.
1) Is there any advantage in detection (in terms of range, etc) for remote unit vs. windshield units? IE should I spend all that money for a remote and if so why
2) what's the penalty for having a RD in VA? I keep hearing conflicting things. Can they confiscate it? What if it's a remote? What if it's off? The guy at tweeter told me they can impound your car to remove the remote RD, this sounds crazy.
3) If I get the windshield unit should I have the remote radar shifter installed, is this thing valuable / worth it?
4) radarbusters.com has all kinds of additional things you can get does anyone have any solid recommendations on which ones are worth getting
5) because I drive in VA should I a) don't worry about it, b) just turn it off when I'm in VA/DC or c) spend the extra $$ and get the beltronics STI driver
OK sorry for so many questions, just want to make the right decision here.