Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Being harassed by neighborhood cop.

Sorry i have not posted in awhile i been vary upset lately with 3 recent ticket's all by the same officer in differant days & weeks i been getting pulled over by this one cop every time he see's me he will turn around and pull me over and act like he has never seen me before i got a ticket for not having lighting on my Lic. plate witch is bs he told me to turn off my lights and car i didnt start up a fuss just was like whatever just being an asshole maybe he had a bad day who knows then a week later he see's me at the corner store in my neighborhood waits in his car when i come out get in thinking that it's all good start my car and pull out then he pulls me over again ( i live RIGHT across the corner store no bs like right across) anyway this time he gives me a ticket for not having my Driver Lic on me but i had my insurance ect... now i looked on my Insureance card any my Driver Lic # is on there should have said sumthing but didnt see it so this time i was alittle pissed knowing now he is out to get me for sum reason so i took the ticket pissed off by now im not looking at the cop as a cop anymore but a person so im kinda pissed so i delayed court again pending my laser ticket back to the 3rd ticket i got at 12am i was driving home from Galv. and he was out waiting for someone to run the stop sign no radar on so i stop see him now at this time im already getting my Driver Lic's out and Inserance next thing u know im out another ticket for no seat belt now i was vary tired thank god or i would have got in this guys face to see what his real problem with me is but i was tired and took the ticket and went to sleep woke up called a lawyer witch =cash so thats what i have been doing is trying not to drive unless i have to untill i get these's tickets cleared up so i been getting rides to work ect.. but yea any idea's ??? how can i find out this guys work days?

Good Citizen

Default Re: Being harassed by neighborhood cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Iknox
    i got a ticket for not having lighting on my Lic. plate witch is bs he told me to turn off my lights and car i didnt start up a fuss just was like whatever
    Did he give you a ticket for your plate light being out AFTER you turned your car off? Seems to be what your saying, but I have a feeling that may not have been the case.

In the first two cases I'd say he may have been a bit harsh, a warning would have done it I'm sure. But, it is still a violation and he CAN ticket you if he wants.

Your best bet would be to make sure your car is in working and legal order, all lights and stuff. Don't speed around town, and in general just make sure your driving like a sane person. If the harassment goes on after this point file a complaint with the PD. If that doesn't work talk to your lawyer and see what kind of legal actions can be taken.

Also, start using punctuation, sentences, and paragraphs. Makes it easier on the rest of us :?

-Bill

Banned

My plate lights are fine it's still a new car. I myself check it out and everything is fine.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Iknox
    My plate lights are fine it's still a new car. I myself check it out and everything is fine.
    Hmm well if it is serious enough file a complaint, don't just sit around and wait if it goes any further. Aside from that someone with more knowledge could help you more and i can.

-Bill

Radar Fanatic

In some places the no-DL tickets are thrown out if you show up with it. They just care that you are, in fact, licensed. Hopefully that's the case in TX. Perhaps you can get the license plate ticket thrown out by if you show up with a document proving when you bought the car and how new it is? Just an idea. And the seatbelt ticket...I don't know. That's just dick. As JettaGLI suggested you should file a formal, written complaint. Take that to court with you as well to show that you really do have an issue with this particular officer.

Old Timer

Next time he pulls you over, ask him for his name and badge number

I did this to a local cop once after he was pulling me over left and right, after I asked him for that info, he has yet to pull me over

Administrator

Default Name and Badge Number

I am sure that his answer will be "My name and badge number will be on the citation that I am about to give you"

Sounds like he does have it in for you for some reason, a bit chicken sh** on the three tickets I think..

My advise, call his sergeant and have him inquire if this is standard operating procedure for this officer, or if the officer has something in for ya..
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Speed Demon

Maybe he has a crush on you. j/k Welcome back! Your should always wear your seatbelt! I would get a different car. He's got you peg'ed!

1)first ticket "no plate light"
    2)second ticket "no DL"
    3)third ticket "no seatbelt"

1)I would have gone straight too the police station. Showed them you have a working light.

2)How far away were you from your house? You should have said I forgot my wallet and license at home. You were just turning around and going home to get it. I would talk to someone at the municipal court. They are alittle more human then most officers.

3)No seatbelt is no seatbelt! It doesnt matter if you just took it off. A cop sees you without a belt your screwed!

Good Citizen

Why give him reasons to bust you? These are all everyday things you should remeber to do anyways... ( License and seatbelt)

Advanced Member

First off always wear your seat belt!!!!!! It saves lives!! I'm one of those that was saved by a seat belt. and it's not a hard thing to do

2nd what was the reason for pulling you over the second time?

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96