Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Interesting Discovery

Well, I was working on my car in the garage with the TV on today and I decided to change the channel. Pointed the remote at the TV hit the button and I hear thing clang clang beep beep sound. I was like WTF? Anyway I do it again and realize it's my V1 (which I forgot to turn off) alerting to laser. Once I realized this I was like COOL! So I started shooting the car with the TV remote and testing what the V1's field of view is. It pretty much picked up everything with 10 feet. Anything longer I assume would've been not powerful enough. After this I decided to try this on my dad's Bel980 and to my surprise nothing happened. Not a thing, even at point blank range. So V1 is definitly a kick ass dector and I am really confident about its laser performance.

But why did the 980 not go off at all? Is it because it is not sensitive enough to low power infrared? Or is it broken?

Also, how much more power does a police laser gun have compared to a TV remote?

Old Timer

a LOT more. If a cop is shooting you with a laser, the v1 will alert you.

Good Citizen

I'm a big fan of the V-1, but its superior ability to pick up tv remotes might not be it's best selling point.

It's cool to know though.

Speed Demon

The V1 is the undisputed winner when it comes to laser detection as everyone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by BiGeAsYgUy
    The V1 is the undisputed winner when it comes to laser detection as everyone knows.

and picking up tv remotes also..... :wink:

Default Re: Interesting Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Tromping_Maniac
    Well, I was working on my car in the garage with the TV on today and I decided to change the channel. Pointed the remote at the TV hit the button and I hear thing clang clang beep beep sound. I was like WTF? Anyway I do it again and realize it's my V1 (which I forgot to turn off) alerting to laser. Once I realized this I was like COOL! So I started shooting the car with the TV remote and testing what the V1's field of view is. It pretty much picked up everything with 10 feet. Anything longer I assume would've been not powerful enough. After this I decided to try this on my dad's Bel980 and to my surprise nothing happened. Not a thing, even at point blank range. So V1 is definitly a kick *BEEP* dector and I am really confident about its laser performance.

But why did the 980 not go off at all? Is it because it is not sensitive enough to low power infrared? Or is it broken?

My 970lr (same lazer detector) works quite well on lazer and always has and is practically false free.. 8) The v1 falses all over the place on different infrared sources including infrared tv remotes apparently.... :wink: :P

Experienced

I too have a bel980, and have heard before that remote controls sometimes set off v1's and x50's. I , like you, tried to use it on my bel980, and got the same **** out of luck response... nothing.

The good news is though, i know the bel980 works on laser because i already have passed through laser traps where the bel980 alerted me.

The laser also has never falsed for me on the bel980. 8)

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by jackenloper
    The good news is though, i know the bel980 works on laser because i already have passed through laser traps where the bel980 alerted me.

The laser also has never falsed for me on the bel980. 8)
    A couple years ago when I was driving my dad's car as a learner the 980 saved my ass on a laser alert. And to my knowledge it has never laser falsed for him. But I am totally in love with the V1, it paid for itself within the first two weeks.

Banned

Wait till you guys see the V1 laser testing video that's coming out next week after the POP vids.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Wait till you guys see the V1 laser testing video that's coming out next week after the POP vids.
    I can't wait, keep up the great work JTW