View Poll Results: SWS - Leave ON or Don't bother?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • ON

3 13.64%
  • Don't Bother

19 86.36%
    Good Citizen

Default SWS Poll - Leave it ON or OFF?

I was wondering what everyone thought on this topic as from various posts I've read, it seems some keep it on and some keep it off. So, lets have a discussion, shall we??

I am mainly curious that if ambulances, etc in your area use it, with it off it'll just show as a K band not being decoded to show as a SWS.

I would imagine if thats the case, your better off with it ON so as to know that the K band your picking up is from the ambulance and not a Cop sitting up ahead.

Some could also argue its worthless and no one used it, so why bother taking up the extra processing power of your radar to bother decoding :shock:

Lead Foot

Default Re: SWS Poll - Leave it ON or OFF?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulRider4Ever
    I was wondering what everyone thought on this topic as from various posts I've read, it seems some keep it on and some keep it off. So, lets have a discussion, shall we??

I am mainly curious that if ambulances, etc in your area use it, with it off it'll just show as a K band not being decoded to show as a SWS.

I would imagine if thats the case, your better off with it ON so as to know that the K band your picking up is from the ambulance and not a Cop sitting up ahead.

Some could also argue its worthless and no one used it, so why bother taking up the extra processing power of your radar to bother decoding :shock:
    I own a 9210 cobra, and around here and most places I've traveled within california and arazona, they don't use SWS technology.

Banned

SWS went bankrupt years ago. I have never ran into an
    SWS transmitter...ever.

Lead Foot

is SWS really taking up some memory's, does it affect scanning speed

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LiQuiDz
    is SWS really taking up some memory's, does it affect scanning speed
    I would have to say "probably not". The SWS info is modulated onto a regular K-band signal. If they're smart, the detector won't look for the SWS info until K is actually detected, which shouldn't effect sweep speed.

However, I recommend leaving it turned off, just in case it DOES effect something. IMHO SWS is pretty useless since there are very few transmitters out there..

Jim