• keep my current v1 untill all the upgrades settle

16 50.00%
  • buy and x50 blue and keep the extra cash

15 46.88%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do???

Professional

Default What to do???

Ok i got my new v1 3.851 like 2 weeks ago. I love the arrows and the laser detection. When i was switching from 3.826 to 3.851 i had a nre Rx-65 which i sold after getting my new v1. Im in college so it is impossible for me to own 2 RD's anymore. Well im not to sure of this new 3.851 and now there is 3.851. Well i really enjoyed my x50's and now that i have this v1,i kinda want to switch back. But i have a feeling when i switch i will want to come back to v1..... IDK......

Professional

Dear Hookem202,

I can say that between the V1, Rx65, and the X50 they are ALL great detectors. I own 2 Bel RX65's (long story) and I just recently got the newest as of this post V1 version 3.854. I owned the X50 blue a while back (2 months ago) for only 13 1/2 days and it has great city filtering. The RX65 loves to eat up KA and the V1 for LASER is the best for each RD. Each has its best band. The choice isn't so much which detector is better but rather what features you like from each one. The X50 obviously having a main feature of the blue display, the RX65 talks although if you have the radio up it gets hard to actually hear the voice part of the voice alert the tones are plently loud, and the V1 no doubt with the arrows.

For a college student I would say the X50 because it is cheaper than the V1 and more user friendly. For me I just love having a machine that beeps and makes noises :wink: But seriously, if the V1 has you worried about all the versions than let it settle and go with a more realiable brand. And if you still have trouble then get a coin, elminate 1 detector that you know you wouldn't loose sleep over not having and pick heads for one and tails for the other. When the end results pops up go with NOT what is facing you but how you feel about having the one for the side of the coin thats up. I hope I didn't confuse you like I did me just now, but remember if you miss the V1 that much I am sure that it will still be there for you when you do!

Good Luck

Ace_Racer

Radar Fanatic

As long as you have the 3.851 now, like I do, I would send it in to upgrade to 3.854. I did that last Saturday and VR got it on Monday of this week. I hope all I pay for is shipping since I paid $75 on July 26 to get the 3.851 upgrade. Why spend the money for another totally different detector? If the 3.854 doesnt work out then consider selling it and investing in a different brand. - Just a suggestion.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    As long as you have the 3.851 now, like I do, I would send it in to upgrade to 3.854. I did that last Saturday and VR got it on Monday of this week. I hope all I pay for is shipping since I paid $75 on July 26 to get the 3.851 upgrade. Why spend the money for another totally different detector? If the 3.854 doesnt work out then consider selling it and investing in a different brand. - Just a suggestion.
    I can agree to that, wait a bit, if the 3.854 is ok, just update/upgrade whatever........and if it flops over head first, THEN get the X50

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    I can agree to that, wait a bit, if the 3.854 is ok, just update/upgrade whatever........and if it flops over head first, THEN get the X50
    Agreed. Especially if you are on a budget.

Radar Fanatic

Hookem, why not wait a couple more days. I should have mine back by then and I will let you know if they charged anything other than shipping. If there is no charge, then I would say send yours in. Just a friendly suggestion. Might save you some money.

Power User

Hookem, why not wait a couple more days. I should have mine back by then and I will let you know if they charged anything other than shipping. If there is no charge, then I would say send yours in. Just a friendly suggestion. Might save you some money.
    that sounds like a good plan, ther are others getting their 3.854s in too, Ill bet theyll also have PLENTY to say, whether it ends up better OR worse

Professional

Thats sounds good, i wasnt planning on doing anything till after this weekend. Maybe since its labor day weekend, lots of leos will be out for some ppl with 3.854 to test their RD's.

Professional

i'd say get the x50 if you're in a financial situation, you can sell the v1 on e-bay for like $375-400 and the x50 is only $300 so you do save some money

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by WRC
    i'd say get the x50 if you're in a financial situation, you can sell the v1 on e-bay for like $375-400 and the x50 is only $300 so you do save some money
    I suppose that works too