Thread: "POP"

Professional

Default "POP"

Will traffic lights set off POP? I sometimes get a low weak signal on K band at some traffic lights but I was driving and getting real close to a light when my POP goes off once, i drive through the light it goes off again and a little past the light and it goes off again, I did not see no cops present and i turned off on a street asap and sped down taking a few turns lol! Also I was parked at a light and got a full K band alert, once again no cops in my view? Im using the X50 and im starting to ignore alerts and its only my 3rd day having the thing lol! Are these for real alerts on pop and full str k band or can they be fake? I have been to a few lights and got the same k band signal over and over usually weak. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn how to use the thing lol.

Banned

Default Re: "POP"

Quote Originally Posted by ZO6Vette
    Will traffic lights set off POP? I sometimes get a low weak signal on K band at some traffic lights but I was driving and getting real close to a light when my POP goes off once, i drive through the light it goes off again and a little past the light and it goes off again, I did not see no cops present and i turned off on a street asap and sped down taking a few turns lol! Also I was parked at a light and got a full K band alert, once again no cops in my view? Im using the X50 and im starting to ignore alerts and its only my 3rd day having the thing lol! Are these for real alerts on pop and full str k band or can they be fake? I have been to a few lights and got the same k band signal over and over usually weak.
    I forgot what state it was, but I heard they were trying to put photo radar units at traffic lights, so if they can't get you for running a red light they can get your speeding through a yellow! Tell me that isn't fu**ed up!

Chris

Professional

Wow Chris, they sure are getting real strict in some areas. Without veil and a radar jammer is sure is hard to avoid police traps in our area since they like to use pop and lazer alot, and tacoma/seattle police are very sneaky! I HAVE noticed the photoradar and a long time ago before i ever got involved in this radar detector biz, I got nailed by a photoradar and got a ticket in the mail, with a picture of my car and the speed etc. lol!! When you find out what state that was, be sure to reply. Hey btw Chris, I am considering buying a Shifter ZR-1 are they legal in our state?? Or can we be slapped with a fineor thrown in jail? Thanks, John

Good Citizen
    NEW JERSEY South - about 15 mins from Philly

There is a pattern here...........When ever I get a POP alert it is almost always preceded by some low level K, KA or X,K...........alerts. This has happened at least 4 or 5 times in the last week.

Banned

Wow Chris, they sure are getting real strict in some areas. Without veil and a radar jammer is sure is hard to avoid police traps in our area since they like to use pop and lazer alot, and tacoma/seattle police are very sneaky! I HAVE noticed the photoradar and a long time ago before i ever got involved in this radar detector biz, I got nailed by a photoradar and got a ticket in the mail, with a picture of my car and the speed etc. lol!! When you find out what state that was, be sure to reply. Hey btw Chris, I am considering buying a Shifter ZR-1 are they legal in our state?? Or can we be slapped with a fineor thrown in jail? Thanks, John
    Laser jammers are completely legal in Washington!! Jam away. Once you put that ZR3 shifter on your car PM me and I'll test that jammer for you for free.

Chris

Professional

Sounds good Chris. In about another year I will be getting a new car....a ZO6 Corvette of course! You'd be damn sure that radar jammers are legal, I am going to have one in that badass haha and get a good one. If the Shifter is still a good one at the time I will put it in and PM you, im sure you will still be around of course, doing what you love and saving peoples bucks, good vids bud. :wink:

Advanced Member

Sounds good Chris. In about another year I will be getting a new car....a ZO6 Corvette of course! You'd be *BEEP* sure that radar jammers are legal, I am going to have one in that badass haha and get a good one. If the Shifter is still a good one at the time I will put it in and PM you, im sure you will still be around of course, doing what you love and saving peoples bucks, good vids bud. :wink:
    Radar Jammers are illegal!!!

Laser/LIDAR Jammers are legal(in most states)

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

woops sorry did i say radar lol, i meant lazer! ops:

Banned

Sounds good Chris. In about another year I will be getting a new car....a ZO6 Corvette of course! You'd be *BEEP* sure that radar jammers are legal, I am going to have one in that badass haha and get a good one. If the Shifter is still a good one at the time I will put it in and PM you, im sure you will still be around of course, doing what you love and saving peoples bucks, good vids bud. :wink:
    I said laser jammers are legal. Radar jammers are illegal in all 50 states by a federal law, however the state of washington doesn't have a state law against them as far as I know. If you want the full scoop on radar jammers and the legality behind it another forum member did a good job of spelling it all out for you. Go to http://www.radardetector.net/ACTIVE-...nces-1467t.php

Chris