Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Question About Motorcycle Cops (Attn Roy!)

Can cops on motorcycles clock, as they drive?

Saturday, as I was coming home from work, I go wheeling around the corner, no blinker...and I see a motorcycle cop, in the parking lot of the gas station.

I wasn't speeding (as far as I know), but I wasn't using a blinker either. The cop pulls out into traffic. There's one car between me and the cop.

I continue down the road, and I get in the turn lane.

The cop gets in the turn lane. The car between us is now gone. The road I was at the time is a pretty common speed trap (the speed limit is absurd, IMHO, and cops like to lie in wait for people to screw up there.)

So, I'm going spot on the speed limit, waiting for his lights.

They never came. He turned into a subdivision.

Now, my questions - was he able to clock me at all, or was the "I'm about to get pulled over, and holy CRAP is my boyfriend going to be pissed!" adrenaline rush for nothing?

And if SOMEONE *cough* would have given me my Bel back, at least I would have some clue to the answer to this question (heh) but for now, I got nothin'. I tried to get his V1, but suprise, he didn't go for that either.

Help!

t

Advanced Member

yes the can run radar and drive at the same time i for get which gun manufacturer has the motorcycle set-up but i saw that once

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

Default Re: Question About Motorcycle Cops (Attn Roy!)

[quote="theresa"]Can cops on motorcycles clock, as they drive?

Saturday, as I was coming home from work, I go wheeling around the corner, no blinker...and I see a motorcycle cop, in the parking lot of the gas station.

I wasn't speeding (as far as I know), but I wasn't using a blinker either. The cop pulls out into traffic. There's one car between me and the cop.

I continue down the road, and I get in the turn lane.

The cop gets in the turn lane. The car between us is now gone. The road I was at the time is a pretty common speed trap (the speed limit is absurd, IMHO, and cops like to lie in wait for people to screw up there.)

omg motorcycle cops are every where here in tulsa,ok the can get your speed just like regular cop cars. instant-on and constant-on as they
    drive every motorcycle cop down here has stalker dual radar mounted
    on there bikes so beware :wink:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    yes the can run radar and drive at the same time i for get which gun manufacturer has the motorcycle set-up but i saw that once
    Stalker has the motorycycle set up. They use an ATR handheld and mount it so it points through the windshield of the motorcyle.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Stalker has the motorycycle set up. They use an ATR handheld and mount it so it points through the windshield of the motorcyle.
    JTW i have never seen this unit ATR handheld on a motorcycle cop bike before. down here they have stalker dual not a hand held unit.
    i think RadarRoy knows what i am talking about though or someone?
    that seen motorcycle cops here in tulsa,ok

Administrator

Default MC Clocking Me??

Yes, they can clock you either of two ways.

1: Following you and then pacing you. Some of the HARLEY police packages offer a switch that the officer can switch on to memorize the speed during a pace.

2: Moving radar. There are several moving radar guns, I cannot think of the name of the model now, but they have one that the antenna mounts on the front fender with the controller in the dash.
    Harley sells this, here is a link to their PDF:

http://a1264.g.akamai.net/7/1264/734...ccessories.pdf
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Old Timer

I have seen a motocycle cop in alabama useing moving X band

Good Citizen

So, since I wasn't using a blinker, and I have no earthly idea what speed I was going, I probably got lucky.

Cool, thanks guys!

t

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by theresa
    So, since I wasn't using a blinker, and I have no earthly idea what speed I was going, I probably got lucky.
    Probably! I think we each get a pass every now and then... maybe he was off somewhere more important.

Speed Demon

The harleys (about 4 of them) around fargo use stationary laser. Dont have to worry much about them. They only shoot in town when its real nice out.

I havent seen to many motorcycles cops. So my guess is that whatever they use has to fit in their sidebags. I would say if you see one park he or she is running radar or laser. But he the motorcycle is moving. I wouldnt worry to much maybe pacing but thats easy to catch.