Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Professional

Default Detector Of The Future!

Alright Everyone,

Listen Up. I was thinking that with all the recent debates over which detector is the best and all that, how about everyone contribute different ideas of a detector you would like to see come to reality. We all want extreme sensitivity on all bands that is obvious. Think about things like how about a graphic and more user friendly display like the Cobras have? A display that is sun whiteout proof? Would you like it to tell you where the threat is? How about them tones for each band? There are a million different things to think about. Of course there will never be a perfect detector that every single person will like, but if we are lucky maybe someone from the big and top RD companies will see this and make it real.

I don't want a debate over which detector is best or better than the other. Just features that either you already like or something that no detector has right now and would like to see. I think if we could have some drawings it would help, but keep it open to ideas and CONSTRUCTIVE critisism. Cordless or Corded? Skinny for stealthiness or a little thicker for more features to help you out? These are just some things to get you going. I hope this post isn't deleted because it gets out of control. So please keep it peaceful people and have fun in designing the Radar Detector of the Future :wink:

Sincerely,

Ace_Racer

Now start those brains a thinking!

Power User

a more sensitive Laser sensor, or better yet an off-board Laser reciever!!!!!

User-friendlieness is a must (eg, easy programing, easy to understand, NOOB PROOF!!! basically)

knowing location is a good plus but not neccesary, so I vote it off to cut down cost... but it would be nice (I believe VR's patent on the arrows is soon up or already is so theres always that)

multiple color options, because everybody is different with different tastes, and of course different cars :wink:

louder internal speakers, some sound systems and/or engines are LOUD, I could mod mine to send a mute pulse to my deck while alerting.....but im too lazy to do it

Radar Fanatic

an option in the detector using gsp to detect common falses. when the detector reads the common frequency at a common spot it will read a false instead of going off. that would be nice.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by bunny
    an option in the detector using GPS to detect common falses. when the detector reads the common frequency at a common spot it will read a false instead of going off. that would be nice.
    that would be nice, but expensive comes to mind :?

Street Lawyer

One that doubles as a stereo and/or has a clock display, I'm tired of seeing 13.8V, it's boring

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225
    One that doubles as a stereo and/or has a clock display, I'm tired of seeing 13.8V, it's boring
    Remember, it's always better than seeing "PULSE" :shock:

But yeah, color options would increase the stealthness for different cars... though one that is designed to take up a DIN slot (maybe w/radio integration) w/remote receivers would also be very cool (that would allow for a big GUI and therefore the display of lots of cool features).

Arrows are nice, but not a necessity. But most of all... awesome filtering. Like NEVER goes off unless it's a real threat! That would be ideal.

Professional

i have a feeling if the bel/esorts adopt the rear radar antenna, they'll cost at least $400 just like the v1

Radar Fanatic

I would like to see an LCD screen, with complete user customization. Less cobra type Rd's, more high end. Spetre proof all the top 3 Rd's. After Vr's patent is up on the rear antenna and the arrows, I would like to see what Belscort can do with that technology. Better Ka range on ALL Rd's.

Good Citizen

An FM transmitter so alerts come through the vehicles speakers.

Remote Laser Receivers

A USB connection so it can be programmed and updated from a notebook computer. Also client software to display alerts and info on the notebook computer

Hardwire cords always include

Concelable/Remote display

Replacement unit to use while product is being serviced. Free if repairs under warranty. They send it to you and then you send yours in for repair.

Professional

All great ideas!

Keep them coming

Ace_Racer