Newcomer

Default Question: Radar/laser zapping from freeway onramp.

If there is a circular onramp that gets you on the freeway, and a cop is on it and zapping people as they go by, how effective are any of these radar detectors? Or will you only know before its too late?

Oh, and also, what method do cops use to 'get your speed' when they are facing the same direction you are, and are under a 'bridge'. Does he turn his head around and point the gun through the rear windshield or something? lol

Thanks

Newcomer

In my experience, if a cop is using radar from a freeway onramp you will get plenty of notice to his presence. It's a different story if he is using a laser, like the State Patrol uses here in Washington State. It seems like they (Washington State Patrol) uses radar when they are moving and laser when they are parked. If you get hit by laser they chances are greater that you are already busted than if you get hit by radar. Since radar "spreads" more than laser, the hit you are getting could be on the guy next to you, if you get a laser hit chances are high that you are the target.

It's my understanding that a cop can get a reading on you whether you are traveling toward or away from him. And yes, radar and laser both travel through glass so a cop could target you through the back window if he pleased.

I'm no expert, just my experience.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dannutt
    In my experience, if a cop is using radar from a freeway onramp you will get plenty of notice to his presence. It's a different story if he is using a laser, like the State Patrol uses here in Washington State. It seems like they (Washington State Patrol) uses radar when they are moving and laser when they are parked. If you get hit by laser they chances are greater that you are already busted than if you get hit by radar. Since radar "spreads" more than laser, the hit you are getting could be on the guy next to you, if you get a laser hit chances are high that you are the target.

It's my understanding that a cop can get a reading on you whether you are traveling toward or away from him. And yes, radar and laser both travel through glass so a cop could target you through the back window if he pleased.

I noticed you mentioned WSP. If you have a laser jammer you'd like to test I'll meet up with you. I currectly have a Stalker LZ-1 and a Speed Laser in stock.

Chris
    I'm no expert, just my experience.

Professional

Default Re: Question: Radar/laser zapping from freeway onramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky
    Oh, and also, what method do cops use to 'get your speed' when they are facing the same direction you are, and are under a 'bridge'. Does he turn his head around and point the gun through the rear windshield or something? lol

Thanks
    There's probably a rear facing antenna mounted up in the back window of the car, or on the light bar outside it. He looks in the mirror, and then activates the rear antenna. This makes it easier to pull out into traffic.

If he was sitting in the middle median, pointed at oncoming traffic, the front antenna would be used.

Ed