Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default SPOTTED - Banned Area

Figure why not create a post on cars you spot in banned areas with detectors in plain view of the entire world… It’s a good way to see if you think your mount is really stealthy… If I can see it, so can a LEO.

SPOTTED:
    Ontario – 407 West– morning flow
    grey BMW M5 with Bel STi attached by velcro to the passenger side of the dash

Either get tint or hardwire your detector. Everyone can see your new detector… You became everyone else’s rabbit. Nice car BTW…

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: SPOTTED - Banned Area

Quote Originally Posted by spider_55
    Figure why not create a post on cars you spot in banned areas with detectors in plain view of the entire world… It’s a good way to see if you think your mount is really stealthy… If I can see it, so can a LEO.

SPOTTED:

Either get tint or hardwire your detector. Everyone can see your new detector… You became everyone else’s rabbit. Nice car BTW…
    I'm still trying to see a vehicle on Ontario roads with an RD inside!!! So far I've seen just one SUV with Ohio plates in d/twn Toronto, and nothing else!!! But I never drive 407, should I have to pay to get a chance to see a sucker with an RD in plain view of everybody :roll:

In the past week I had TWO (2) Toronto cops, on two different ocasions (two different locations, different dates), right beside me at traffic light intersections (waiting for green)... both came from behind (in both cases I was already stopped for red waiting for green) and my STI was (is) always by the visor, super stealth, plus I have super dark tinted windows and it's all hardwired... nothing happened, obviously with no cord and almost impossible to see thru the very dark tinted windows, also black visor organizor and a black STI, these two cops were the best real-life test I could have asked for!!! Imagine that sucker on 407 with corded RD and no tinted windows

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior

SPOTTED:

I'm still trying to see a vehicle on Ontario roads with an RD inside!!! So far I've seen just one SUV with Ohio plates in d/twn Toronto, and nothing else!!! But I never drive 407, should I have to pay to get a chance to see a sucker with an RD in plain view of everybody :roll:

In the past week I had TWO (2) Toronto cops, on two different ocasions (two different locations, different dates), right beside me at traffic light intersections (waiting for green)... both came from behind (in both cases I was already stopped for red waiting for green) and my STI was (is) always by the visor, super stealth, plus I have super dark tinted windows and it's all hardwired... nothing happened, obviously with no cord and almost impossible to see thru the very dark tinted windows, also black visor organizor and a black STI, these two cops were the best real-life test I could have asked for!!! Imagine that sucker on 407 with corded RD and no tinted windows

just be careful, what if u pass a LEO with the spectre and he gets a leakage reading and pulls u over instead

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    In the past week I had TWO (2) Toronto cops, on two different ocasions (two different locations, different dates), right beside me at traffic light intersections (waiting for green)... both came from behind (in both cases I was already stopped for red waiting for green) and my STI was (is) always by the visor, super stealth
    Even though your install is stealth, I bet you still get anxious when you see a LEO pull up next to you.

I still crap bricks when they get anywhere near me... Thinking, "what if I got a dud detector and this one leaks"... OMG, they know! Heart pounding, can't breath! Yea, paranoid...

Even if the cops did see this guy, it's an M5... push the "M" button, and he's gone

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by richardboy316
    just be careful, what if u pass a LEO with the spectre and he gets a leakage reading and pulls u over instead
    10-4 :wink: but so far I have not seen ONE Spectre in any Ontario police crusier including the "famous" OPP!!! There is no Spectre in the city, if there are somewhere out there, they must be in some remote areas where it's easy to locate the RD (not in the super crowded Toronto) and/or border areas (targeting Americans who cannot read any English as we have BIG white signs warning everybody that speed warning devices are prohibited in Ontario)...

Those two cops I mentioned before had no radar devices inside their cruisers, but up here "you see it, you confiscate it" so super stealth helps you a long way :wink:

Radar Fanatic

Even though your install is stealth, I bet you still get anxious when you see a LEO pull up next to you.
    Yes, of course, first case was at Lawrence/Dufferin, the 2nd at V. Park/Lawrence (blond bearcat in the cruiser :wink: ), each case I did not pay enough attention to roll down the visor before they got right by my side... but these tinted windows (dealer installed, so very legal standards) are very, very, very dark, you need eagle eyes to see thru!!!

Professional

what if a crapra's next to you and pulls you over and takes your STi :shock: ^

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by WRC
    exactly

Good Citizen

Pay the fine, loose the points, call Roy for a new one, and get a better install.

Radar Fanatic

Pay the fine, loose the points, call Roy for a new one, and get a better install.
    And you're down 500 bucks.