Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test results

Experienced

Default Test results

Who remembers this? Some years ago Bel made an university lab test about detector's sensitivity.

I have the data in my computer. Informing the sensitivity as -xx / dBm
    gave quite good picture about detector's performance.
    CLICK here

Unfortunately there is no V1 within. V1 Dave or BiGeAsYgUy - do You have these information about V1 ????

This is an absolute value which can give also an wrong impression. Too much sensitivity without proper filtering causes false alarms.
    Then we come to the FEATURES.
    Best working software, handy interface, design - who's the best now?
    The one You like to use most - right??

Speed Demon

Default Re: Test results

Quote Originally Posted by D.E.T
    Who remembers this? Some years ago Bel made an university lab test about detector's sensitivity.

I have the data in my computer. Informing the sensitivity as -xx / dBm
    gave quite good picture about detector's performance.
    CLICK here

Unfortunately there is no V1 within. V1 Dave or BiGeAsYgUy - do You have these information about V1 ????

This is an absolute value which can give also an wrong impression. Too much sensitivity without proper filtering causes false alarms.
    Then we come to the FEATURES.
    Best working software, handy interface, design - how's the best now?
    The one You like to use most - right??
    I have seen this test before and the only information I have seen is the V1 has Ka band sensitivity (don't know what GHz) around -114db, the bel RX65 Pro has Ka band sensitivity around -110db, the Bel Vector 985 has Ka band sensitivity around -110db, and the 8500 has Ka band sensitivity around -107db. I haven't seen it for the X50 yet but I am sure it is pretty close to the RX65's results.

Advanced Member

D.E.T., Very interesting test, I hadn't seen that before. Thanks a lot for sharing.

In the future, I would definitely like to see more tests like this: in the lab under controlled conditions. In my opinion, the "aim radar at the car and drive towards it" tests just leave too many variables in the mix (Although, on the surface I am sure they look more interesting to the general public than lab tests).

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    D.E.T., Very interesting test, I hadn't seen that before. Thanks a lot for sharing.

In the future, I would definitely like to see more tests like this: in the lab under controlled conditions. In my opinion, the "aim radar at the car and drive towards it" tests just leave too many variables in the mix (Although, on the surface I am sure they look more interesting to the general public than lab tests).

Jim

Me too!!!! :wink:

B.G.Y.>I have seen this test before and the only information I have seen is the V1 has Ka band sensitivity (don't know what GHz) around -114db

ka band db's were never that high on the v1... I believe what you are actually refering to are it's x-band db scores which have always been excellent.... :wink:

Good Citizen

Sorry for the stuped question but....which is better for detection higher Db or lower :roll:

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by KGB
    Sorry for the stuped question but....which is better for detection higher Db or lower :roll:
    The higher the Db the more sensitive and better the unit is. Check out the Db on Ka band on the crappy detctors. You can tell how good a RD is by its Ka sensitivity and range.

Professional

I also searched all over Google and couldn't find any dB ratings for the X50... which i bet may be better than the RX65!

Newcomer

Just remember that with a 3 dB better sensitivity you will double the detection range. With 6 dB you have four times the detection of the less sensitive detector for the same signal. With 9 dB, 8 times (2 to the 3). That's a theoretical point of vue where filterting isn't taken into account.

Professional

Is it very hard to test the dB sensitivity? Why is there virtually nothing on this?