Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Professional

Heck, I wouldn't sell it or smash it!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't trust it, but most of the time, I use my own RD for more of something to do, rather then use it to speed with. RDs are fun anyways, so just use it for that and the other features that it may have.

Now, that being said, I hate Cobras because they set mine off sometimes...lol

Default funny

Thats really funny how you can compare radar detectors to condoms in alot of ways. Like if you buy the cheap ones they leak and you get caught and can be stuck in court for several months.

I would:
    -Keep that POS for now
    -contantly look at your speedo and signs to make sure your not going over the limit
    -look into the bushes, sidestreets, and parking lots for cops/traps.
    -start saving up for a much better radar detector
    -set aside $40-$60 a week

well the compass actually works fine... i had a hard time initially, but after driving for a while it acted normal... actually i noticed that my car's built in compass isn't working - so it's nice to have an accurate one for that.

as for the detector - K and Ka bands go off a lot on the highway... i always look around and never see cops. I also sometimes will pass a cop and the detector stays silent. of course, it is a radar detector and not a cop detector, but my friend's valentine one will go off 1/2 a mile before the cop comes.... so it's still hard to tell if it works or not. one of these days we might put the two detectors in the same car and see how mine does.

I am sure it works, just havent encountered any speed traps quite yet. and like i said, i don't speed much anyways. I might just sell it to make some money, I spend a lot on the performance of my car and would rather have that than a radar detector. but we'll see.

Good Citizen

You could sell it and use the money to buy a whislter pro 58 or pro 73. You can get a pro 58 for under $100 from Roy. At least Whistlers don't leak like Cobras, so you'll be doing other detector users a favor, and the Whistler will perform better.