Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRick
    Granted, but it's time we adopted Europes driving style. In area's of Germany it's un-limited, were possible. France, Spain and several other have 130kmh with it dropping to 100kmh in the wet conditions.
    I think that's pretty fair, agree :roll:
    RR
    European highways dont really have speed limits to my understanding. Atleast in unlimited sections of the autobahn, italy and france. Its not really enforced in Italian and its not uncommon to see a ferrari going 90+ m/hr. In france alot drivers in their little baby renaults few driving as a race with EVERYONE else lol.

the only place it is really really enforced is in the UK.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by polakatl
    cars have gotten so good that cruising at 100mph is no problem. the engines don't strain, and the car doesn't shake. You can comfortably drive at 100mph. I do it all the time and it would be safe, if other drivers were aware of the possibility of a car speeding down the left lane. Too many drivers in USA have no knowledge of the rule "slower traffic keep right" and really you should keep right if possible.

I travel down an open interstate about once a week. its a 200mi stretch of nothing. You couldn't persuade me in to thinking 100mph is an unsafe speed with good traffic and weather conditions.

A speed of 55mph is unreasonable on any interstate in the US. Traffic through downtown atlanta moves at 70+mph provided its not jammed.
    I trust you have seen famous video of four college students doing 55 and bring traffic to a stand still almost.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by AWD_rules3830

I trust you have seen famous video of four college students doing 55 and bring traffic to a stand still almost.
    I believe that was actually i285 in atlanta.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by AWD_rules3830
    European highways dont really have speed limits to my understanding. Atleast in unlimited sections of the autobahn, italy and france. Its not really enforced in Italian and its not uncommon to see a ferrari going 90+ m/hr. In france alot drivers in their little baby renaults few driving as a race with EVERYONE else lol.

the only place it is really really enforced is in the UK.
    In Italy it isn't uncommon to see Ferraris going 90 mi/h on the Autostradas, because the speed limit on them is 150 km/h which is 93 mi/h At least the newer roads, some old highways are 130. France is all 130.

In France there is a lot of speed enforcement, almost all cameras, sometimes portable. The speed limit is 130 km/h, and if you go 50 km/h over (so 180), you lose your license on the spot and are subject to huge huge fines. As well, if you get tagged in a laser trap that is manned and are pulled over by the gendarmarie (or get vascarred), you have to pay the fine on the spot as well.

Eastern Europe has a lot of wide-open roads...

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr

Speaking for Poland, the roads there are HORRIBLE. Most are still two lanes (one in each direction) where people go really fast and past anything that is slow. There is a wide range of ****ty cars and fast cars. This causes a very dangerous situation where the crazy drivers are going so fast they simple can't pass safely. Many times you have situations were 3 cars squeeze by on 2 lanes. Cops are also open to negotiation so the hardcore speeder doesn't really give a damn about them.

There are no wide-open roads where its safe to go fast.

Yoda of Radar

Us Polaks tend to drive faster than most... I don't think anybody else could coax 150 km/h out of a Polonez

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by polakatl
    Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr

Speaking for Poland, the roads there are HORRIBLE. Most are still two lanes (one in each direction) where people go really fast and past anything that is slow. There is a wide range of ****ty cars and fast cars. This causes a very dangerous situation where the crazy drivers are going so fast they simple can't pass safely. Many times you have situations were 3 cars squeeze by on 2 lanes. Cops are also open to negotiation so the hardcore speeder doesn't really give a *BEEP* about them.

There are no wide-open roads where its safe to go fast.
    LOL, sounds like Argentina. The roads are horrible and the best way to describe the driving experience there would be anarchy on the streets. Traffic laws are routinely ignored and it is very common to bribe the police should you be unlucky enough to get stopped.