Good Citizen

Default Radar detector computer connection

Are there any RD's out there that will interface with a computer?

I haven't heard of any, but this would be a great feature on the new X50, V1, or Bel. I think this alone would make me purchase whatever RD had it.

I want to be able to hook my RD up to my computer and have an interface program that will let me adjust everything. Make a "Route 9" mode so when I drive Rt. 9 I can tweak the K sensitivity down so all the regular falses don't come up. You could make any mode you wanted, as many as needed. With memory so cheap it couldn't be too hard.

The possibilities for something like this are endless, and I know everyone on this forums would just love to be able to go into the thing and tweak whatever it is you want. This would be a huge improvement over the current "user programming" that is available today.

And if it could interface with a computer I'm sure we could hack it up and I could drive around with my laptop and GPS... that would get really cool

Anyways just a thought. Any manufactures listening??

-Bill

Experienced

Well, this is my dream, too. I drive with GPS and it would be very useful if I could link it to my detector. It should resulted extremly few false alerts when there is a database of positions of automatic doors, etc.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by T-T
    Well, this is my dream, too. I drive with GPS and it would be very useful if I could link it to my detector. It should resulted extremly few false alerts when there is a database of positions of automatic doors, etc.
    Uniden tried that years ago!! Obviously didn't work too well for them.

Newcomer

Default v1

Should be able to hack one up for any detector that supports a remote display. Here's a link to a software display for the V1.

http://www.definitivestudios.com/V1/V1VD.html

Old Timer

Hell, jim has a connection from the v1 to the computer where you can mess with the v1 via the computer.

Professional

I drive with GPS and it would be very useful if I could link it to my detector.

Wouldnt that be awesome, especially if on your map it pinpointed a near location where the radar is picking up, so its like the v1's direction, but gives you a more visible idea on the map of where its at and in what direction.