Thread: Legal Question

Newcomer

Default Legal Question

I just bought a V1 1.8 POP and all, My question is that I know to operate a RD in VA is illegal, but its it illegal to have the unit mounted and ready to go but not olugged in at all or have any sort of power going to the unit. I law itself about RD is VERY vague, and can be twisted to a cops or judges liking. I think its okay to have a RD mounted as long as its not powered and operated right????

Banned

Default Re: Legal Question

Quote Originally Posted by NikkaLB23
    I just bought a V1 1.8 POP and all, My question is that I know to operate a RD in VA is illegal, but its it illegal to have the unit mounted and ready to go but not olugged in at all or have any sort of power going to the unit. I law itself about RD is VERY vague, and can be twisted to a cops or judges liking. I think its okay to have a RD mounted as long as its not powered and operated right????
    It's like this....if an officer looks over at your car and see's the radar detector he's going to pull you over regardless if you have it on or not. Not every officer is going to have a RDD in the car to verify the detector is on and I think it's even illegal to have a radar detector in the car anyway, regardless if it's on or not. My point is the cop will pull you over and take you detector away. He's not going to care if you say it's on or not. Cops lie all the time. They're not going to make the exception for you.

JTW

Power User

This has been posted before, try the search button before posting please.

If a power source is readily accessible for use by the driver or passenger in the vehicle, it is considered as being illegally used (Code of VA 46.2-1079).

You can be stopped if the LEO see signs of a radar detector such as suction cups on the windshield.