Good Citizen

Default What to do...Remount? Rethink?

I usually have my x50 mounted just above my wipers so it's better to see and gives the best laser detection. However, this tomorrow I'm going on a 3 hour(going PSL) drive to Lawton, OK from Irving, TX and I want the best range I can get as far as radar. Therefore, I'm moving the x50 up with the RVM. The problem is when I get it up as far as I want it, it sits behind the RVM and I can't see the display to see bands. I've got the remote display sitting off to my left side and transplanted a high-intensity blue LED in it for maximum noticeable brightness, but still would like to see the x50 for the band type. Here are the pictures of both the x50 and the remote display:

Basically, I'm thinking of removing the RVM and remounting it higher. Problem is, I know how to remount but not how to remove. :? If someone knows of a simple way to do this or has another suggestion, I'm open.

Good Citizen

I have my RD to the right of my RVM and all the way to the top...I have no dark tiniting across the top of my windshield so no interference....

Power User

The tint wont do squat to your radar reception so the higher the mount the better., if they do use laser there you wont receive a rear alert mounted where you have it mounted.

Other than that it should be ok.

Have fun.

Radar Fanatic

wheres the cord for you x50

just move it down a little and put it in the center just under the RVM to where you can see it

Good Citizen

The cord was still down between the windshield and the dash. I took the pictures to show the highest I could place it near the center without being in front of the RVM and then moved the cord later.

I guess I COULD put it up in the tinted area, although I would much rather move the RVM up if anyone could tell me how to safely remove the darned thing.