Default RADAR FREQUENCY QUESTION

I would like to know if the radar gun changes its frequency every time it fires. 8)

Advanced Member

Supposably a gun exists that will do this...
    I asked almost this same thing in another thread "Stalker ATR Frequency Hopper"
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=181

Here's my original question:
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Some sites on the internet mention a version of the Stalker ATR that can supposedly "Frequency Hop" to different frequencies within the Ka band.

I think the main source of this info is here:
    http://copradar.com/preview/xappA/xappA.html#tbA3

It says a little more about it here:
    http://copradar.com/preview/chapt1/ch1d1.html#wband

"Wideband radars (Ka band) operate on a single fixed frequency (operator selects one of several available), and/or in a frequency hop mode. In frequency hop mode the radar dwells on a fixed frequency for a fraction of a second (on the order of 1/10 of a second or more) and hops to another frequency. The radar cycles between a number of different frequencies. Wideband radars are intended to defeat radar detectors "

Does a version of the Stalker ATR with this capability even exist?

I never hear anything much about it. I also don't see anything on the stalker site about it, you would think it would be a big selling point.

Or was this info maybe based on a proto that never got produced or something?

Jim
    From the way RadarRoy was talking in the thread, it sounds like the gun does exist, however he never answered the question directly. I mostly hear about how the Stalker can be "tuned" anywhere between 34.2 - 35.2 GHz, but is there actually one that "frequency hops?" i.e., uses a different freq each time it transmits? And if this gun exists, is it widely used?

I know this feature wouldn't have much of a chance defeating detector users anymore, so is it even being used/produced? (A BEL in AccuSweep could miss this gun, whether it frequency hops or can simply be tuned to different freqs.)

So, anybody have any real info about this gun?

Jim

Administrator

Default Information

Sorry, I have been on the road again, just came in from a 1500 mile road trip on the Harley.

I don't have any information about this gun and I will be asking Carl Fores for any info that he may offer, so I can post a accurate information about this gun
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Advanced Member

Thanks Roy!
    Keep us posted...

Good Citizen

Roy,

You're a lucky man living in AZ where you can ride all year. 'Bout 3 months of it I can't up here in OK. Too cold.

I bought this beast (Godzilla) about 5 months ago in Tracy, CA. It's a 1982 Maxim 1100. The gal that had it bought it new. She put 5800 miles on it and parked it in her garage for about 20 years! It's all original. All I did was wash it when I got it home.

The thing is like new. I've had it on three long road trips. Once for 2500 miles to Big Bend NP in west Texas.

Oh yeah...for all you cajuns...that's my mobile home in the background. We brick 'em out here in tornado alley. :wink: :wink:

Administrator

Default Nice Bike

Very nice Bike! A friend of mine had an identical bike a couple years ago, made a mistake of riding it a little too fast on a dirt road and met a Palo Verde tree. He ended up parting it out on E-Bay...

Yes, weather is great for riding here except in the summer when it is over 110 degrees. Feels like you are riding infront of a hair drier
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Good Citizen

Default Re: Nice Bike

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy
    A friend of mine had an identical bike a couple years ago, made a mistake of riding it a little too fast on a dirt road and met a Palo Verde tree. He ended up parting it out on E-Bay...
    He's lucky. A guy I knew in Alpine had an Electra-Glide about like yours. He did the exact same thing on a poker run except he'd been drinking all night before. A rock introduced itself to his un-helmeted head and law of evolution prevailed. Your friend is fortunate to be ABLE to part it out on eBay.