Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: x50 or V1

Newcomer

Default x50 or V1

I am a previous x50 owner, i recently got in a wreck (totaled my car, wasn't my fault) and the x50 was damged badly...nyways after reading this site and looking over reviews and videos etc..Im currently looking to get a new RDer, and it seems the V1 has the edge in the RD market now of days...am i correct in saying this ? I dont want to start an argument i just want to get some opinions. Any information on this would be helpfull..

Founder of Stealthvation

There is plenty of info on here to help you decide. I dont want to beat a dead horse
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Newcomer

i know and i have read alot of it but it seems to weigh more to the V1 side than the x50 .. just kinda was looking for a suggestion on either model? if not its ok i can dig some more :-p

or mabye its just that im wondering if the V1 falses as much as people say? or if it does how much does it effect RD warning it gives?

Power User

Both excellent detector's!!

Newcomer

what about the falses on the V1 and is it worth the extra 100 $ ? :-) thanks for the quick replies !

Professional

Im an 8500 X50 user. But the thing that the 8500 lacks compared to the V1 is I guess im just one of those guys who would really like to know what direction the threat is coming from, Cool thing about the X50 is the brilliant blue display, looks so awesome, looks sporty not an ugly RD. As far as its performance, I never owned a RD before this so i can not say how good this truly is or the V1. Both cost in similar range, X50 being a little cheaper. I heard V1 falses like nuts thats a downfall. In fact if the V1 wasnt such a falser, I think I would be a v1 guy, Ive heard good things about it and that seems to be the only thing it lacks besides it not looking as sporty as the x50. Overall i think this is what it comes down too. Take a v1 if you like arrows and you can deal with more false alerts and dont care about appearance on a RD as long as it works. Get an X50 if your looking for something that works, something with cool appearance, less falses, but than your giving up directional warning(which personally there is times i am dieng to know where my hidden threat is coming from that i never see and wished i bought a v1). Overall both kinda the same from what i hear and there is no doubt they are up in the top 3.

Lead Foot

I own a V1 and I like it very much I been with the V1 since it came out in 1992. I have tried an x50 and I found it to be a good machine but I returned it. This is what it came down to for me. I been with the v1 so long that I have grown to like the features it has. Both the x50 and V1 are good at giving enough warning so either one are good units. It all came down to features and this is where the V1 came in for me. For what I do my preference is the V1 because in my opinion it gives me more information to allow me to make an informed decision about what type of threat I am running into and what action I should take.

Bottom line is both units are great and both excell in some areas that the other may not. You know what the x50 is all about so call VR order a V1, play with it for 30 days and you decide.

Oh, and the other thing that made me originally go with the V1 is that I am self employed and I prefer buying from other self employed people instead of big firms where you are only a number and not a human.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Try them both out for yourself, and return the one you decide you don't want...
    It is an inside joke
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!