Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default i love it when cops...

try and say that RD's don't work, that its a scam because the same people who make the RD's make the guns, etc etc etc. i wanted to tell him "that's why i have never received a ticket with my RD"... its also really funny when they talk about this "brand new radar that's about to be introduced that none of the rd's can detect". haha. at least i got him to admit beaumont uses lidar

Good Citizen

thats ok... the more they think that RD's don't work, the more likely they will remain legal to use for a bit longer.... also I know my X50 works because it saved my a$$ 5 times while going home for Thanksgiving. I gave it a pat on the back and said "very nice X50, good job buddy" each time it worked!! I know a tad too far but I am not the only one that does that I know!!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceECM
    thats ok... the more they think that RD's don't work, the more likely they will remain legal to use for a bit longer.... also I know my X50 works because it saved my a$$ 5 times while going home for Thanksgiving. I gave it a pat on the back and said "very nice X50, good job buddy" each time it worked!! I know a tad too far but I am not the only one that does that I know!!
    X's 2 :wink:
    RR

Good Citizen

I agree but over my 20+ years of using RD’s I have seen new techniques used by leo’s to thwart RD’s being more effective.

Radar Fanatic

From my experience it all depends on how educated the Leo is. I've seen some City cops that use "Constant" K which gives us detector owners ample time to slow down. Then again I've seen some NC SHP's that are lethal with " Instant On " KA. It really all depends on the technique of the
    Leo. I have to admit if your smart and know how to use your detector
    and your surroundings chances of you getting a ticket are very slim to
    none ( legally that is )......

Professional

ryansandlin wrote:
    i wanted to tell him "that's why i have never received a ticket with my RD"..
    Seems like you are putting too much trust in your RD.

You could have an X50, V1, RX65, STI, veil, and a Blinder M20 front & rear all in your car at the same time and if a LEO whose been sitting quietly behind a bridge abutment for a few minutes decides to "instant-on" your ass, you will be toast....PERIOD.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Buz
    ryansandlin wrote:

You could have an X50, V1, RX65, STI, veil, and a Blinder M20 front & rear all in your car at the same time and if a LEO whose been sitting quietly behind a bridge abutment for a few minutes decides to "instant-on" your ass, you will be toast....PERIOD.
    Exactly!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by time2fly
    Quote Originally Posted by Buz
    ryansandlin wrote:

Exactly!
    well no ****. thats why i don't speed when i'm the only one on the road. what do you two think i am a freaking idiot?
    give me a break.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: i love it when cops...

Quote Originally Posted by ryansandlin
    try and say that RD's don't work, that its a scam because the same people who make the RD's make the guns, etc etc etc. i wanted to tell him "that's why i have never received a ticket with my RD"...
    Well as long as they don't think they work, they won't be prone to use Instant-On

[quote"=ryansandlin"]its also really funny when they talk about this "brand new radar that's about to be introduced that none of the rd's can detect".[/quote]

i guess he's talking about POP?

Old Timer

Default I like

I like it when some cops seem to think that our radar detectors don't work either. Let's keep them thinking that they don't work 8) .