Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default A Whistler As A Prize in one of those Arcade Games

I can't believe I never posted this..i completely forgot...i found this hilarious, im sry if u dont

i was driving on the highway going to a championship soccer game but w.e....we decided to stop at an 'oasis' which if u dont know is like a rest stop but is like a mini-mall(it has like 10 different restaraunts, bathrooms, and whatever) and as we are walking over to panda express i look and see one of those arcade games where you have to stop the cycling lights on the one light bulb in the middle..and as i look closer, i see this as one of the prizes

im sorry but I almost ROFL'd..i had to take a picture

Good Citizen

lmao!! it was probably a refurbished one or something. probably no warranty.

Radar Fanatic

That model goes for $40 new.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    That model goes for $40 new.
    You pay a 1/4 for something thats 40 dollars - sounds like a good trade

Although your odds kinda suck.

Power User

LOL, that's at least a half-competent detector. It's no performance king by any means but plenty to get by.

Good Citizen

LOL, that is so funny!

With all the quarters you'd pump trying to win it, you could probably go out and buy one brand new that's not refurbished. :P

I saw a Sony PSP in one of these machines once... couldn't believe it. $250 item.

Good Citizen

What's worse is that those machines don't even take quarters. They take DOLLAR amounts. By the time you win(and i'm not saying it's possible) you'll be out more than that thing is worth. :roll:

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cracker187
    What's worse is that those machines don't even take quarters. They take DOLLAR amounts. By the time you win(and i'm not saying it's possible) you'll be out more than that thing is worth. :roll:
    you could be out a dollar and still have lost more than that thing is worth :wink:

Good Citizen

And then on the brighter side...I hear glass breaks pretty easy. You could sell it on ebay. It might do better if you sell it as an RMR or Cobra though. Those people will pay big buck for anything.

Newcomer

which oasis is that? if its the one on Interstate 90, (maybe its the belvidere oasis?, i cant remeber) then i ate at that panda express AND saw that machine.....small world 8)