Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is Best

Default What Is Best

In you guys opinion...what is the best all around radar detector on the market....under $400 that is....i know this has alot to do with opinion but im kinda trying to get a general consensus....oh and if it matters i drive a black 94 mustang gt.

Power User

you really shouldnt be asking these questions, read around and youll find that each has its own good and bad points................ the fact is for a question like this, you'll never get a good straight solid answer

Professional

X2

Read the sticky Looking for a detector to get you started!

Ace_Racer

Sorry guys...i read the post and it was really helpful...thanks again

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by shibby_cbs
    Sorry guys...i read the post and it was really helpful...thanks again
    no problem......... its just that threads like this usualy turn into a spitting war between X50 and V1, while RX-65 sits on the sidelines laughing at both of um

Power User

Default Re: What Is Best

In you guys opinion...what is the best all around radar detector on the market....under $400 that is....i know this has alot to do with opinion but im kinda trying to get a general consensus....oh and if it matters i drive a black 94 mustang gt.
    That's an easy question to answer. The 2 best radar detectors are the V1 and the Bel STi. The V1 is $400, the Bel STi is $450.

Since your limit is $400, go with the V1.

These detectors are about equal in giving you the earliest first alert to police radar. They have completely different features and filtering options. It's all about which one will work best for you if you want the best. Me personally I like them both, but I prefer the STi.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    That's an easy question to answer. The 2 best radar detectors are the V1 and the Bel STi. The V1 is $400, the Bel STi is $450.

Since your limit is $400, go with the V1.

These detectors are about equal in giving you the earliest first alert to police radar. They have completely different features and filtering options. It's all about which one will work best for you if you want the best. Me personally I like them both, but I prefer the STi.
    This coming from a guy who lives in Virginia where there's Spectre, so he should prefer the STi for its added stealth protection! 8)

If you don't live in an area where radar detectors are banned, the best overall RD would be the V1 -- that is, if you can live with a few false alerts. Two-mile+ detection with ultra sensitivity comes at a price...

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by GCH
    This coming from a guy who lives in Virginia where there's Spectre, so he should prefer the STi for its added stealth protection!
    There is no confirmed Spectres in Virginia. The state police do not have them. There are rumors of 2 local PD's having one, but that hasn't been confirmed yet either. The 2 local PD's rumored to have Spectre are Ashland, VA and La Crosse, VA.

Bascially as of now, you are safe with any VG2 proof detector in VA.

I prefer the STi because to me it seems to pick up less shopping centers while still providing excellent warning on police radar. The V1 is more noise to me. I really really like the multiple threat on the V1 and the alert tones. To tell you the truth, I think I'm going to get a V1 too. Been thinking about because I really like both detectors a lot so I might as well just own both.

Founder of Stealthvation

go to www.guysoflidar.com to seek your answer
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    go to www.guysoflidar.com to seek your answer
    That site won't give you answers to anything. The guys of lidar site will only provide you with raw test results.

The answers are already within you my son...... (GOL 11:4)