Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello

Newcomer

Default hello

hi everyone im new to this forum i just got a new radar detector 8500x50 blue earlyer this week and it is awsome ive been reading reviews on the x50 and v1 and by far i liked the x50 way better thanks to everyone in this forum and radar roy thanks it made my decision easier .thanks everybody.

Banned

How can you like the X50 by far over the V1? Have you actually owned the V1?

Newcomer

yes i have the older version a ways ago back alot of false alarms and it was stolen. sorry if i offended anyone

Lead Foot

Well, just like everyone else on this board you are allowed your opinion so long as you voice it in a non-attacking manner. I think what you said was fine. Even though I've never owned a V1 i LOVE my X50 and I personally think it's better then the V1 for what I use it for, which is mostly city driving.

Welcome to the board btw!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyArmy
    How can you like the X50 by far over the V1? Have you actually owned the V1?
    we don't need to turn this thread into a topic where V1 owners debate other detector owners.....So hold youself in check...

In this forum you can tell the positive and negatives of most detectors and the V1 has an issue with falsing on K and Laser but the K band range and Laser sensitivity is high...Maybe the owner lives in a big city with many door openers in that case the Excort with threat display on auto mode would be better than the "chicken little"(Automobile Mag) V1.....I recently was on a road trip with a friend on a road i drove many times with my BEL and do plenty of driving on and as i knew certain spots where my BEL falsed the V1 picked up some falses i never ever got on that road...For some people they need the added filtering

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

sorry averyone i dont want to start anything il be more carefull

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by speedy
    sorry averyone i dont want to start anything il be more carefull
    don't worry at all YOU didn't start any thing but FlyArmy was trying to start something

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

What part of chicago are you from?

Speed Demon

I just got my x50 today. After reading posts on the board, I had to try one. I picked up a ka band unit and the signal registered as I approached him shooting oncoming traffic. Next I was headed to some door opener area when to my surprise, another x band unit (seemed to be very low power). Lately, I have been toying with my v1 1.8 pre-pop and had the x band shut down. Seems Fox Lake, Il has busted out some old x band units. I enabled x on my v1 1.7 and ran some tests. The v1 alerted sooner but not greater than any false alarm. I would say they both handled the threat equally well. V1 in A mode, x50 in highway with the xband unit at the bottom of a hill.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by futbolfirefan
    What part of chicago are you from?
    im actualy from the suburbs palatine