Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Yoda of Radar

Default CHICKEN LITTLE......MY RX 65 maybe

Hey all,

Just got my V1 today. On my 30 minute commmute to the jail (no not to turn myself in....I am a parole officer) I would get 3-4 false signals with my RX 65. Today with my V1 I got 2. The difference besides the obvious it was very easy to determine (even if I didn't know that they were false from driving there everyday) that they were not a threat due to the arrows. I hate to open another debate. But V1 I AM BELIEVER. NO DOUBT THE BEST RADAR DETECTOR.

Good Citizen

What band falses, and what modes did you run the detectors in.

Founder of Stealthvation

OH NO please NOT again. You just opened up a can of worms man this is going to suck.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Yoda of Radar

I should have mentioned that. U name it with the bell. All were K band false no matter if you used, Autoscan or city. Using L with V1.

Manufacturer

Guys, I have been cogitating this and I have a theory.

Perhaps what is going on here, is that each of these detectors behaves differently depending on the particular driving terrain.

Is it possible that all these observations are correct?

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Yoda of Radar

That's and idea. So does that mean false alerts should not be tested and reported then? :roll:

Newcomer

I've only had my RX65 for about a month but I've been impressed at the lack of false alerts.

I used it on a 1500 mile road trip through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and back. During that trip I may have had 1 Ka and 1 K "false" and that was it for the whole trip. They may not even have been falses because I couldn't see the other side of the interstate very well because of a barrier. There may have been a cop on the opposing side.

Other than when I'm within about 200' of a K band radar door opener I get a 1/9 alert I almost never get any falses.

I have a recurring Laser alert whenever I cross the Mississippi River bridge here for some reason but whatever it is may be indistingushable from a real laser threat by any detector.

Yoda of Radar

I agree that the RX 65 is a pretty clean detector. The reason I sold mine was 1) never went to full alert 2) Once you pass the radar source the signal ends 3) no notice if a trooper was running up on you from behind.

I agree they are nice, but I love the V1. The arrows make it so nice to know where to look. Seems like everyone bashes the V1 for it's filtering. Well it's better for me than my Rx was.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    OH NO please NOT again. You just opened up a can of worms man this is going to suck.
    I think your right, I can see this getting ugly

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    I agree that the RX 65 is a pretty clean detector. The reason I sold mine was 1) never went to full alert 2) Once you pass the radar source the signal ends 3) no notice if a trooper was running up on you from behind.

I agree they are nice, but I love the V1. The arrows make it so nice to know where to look. Seems like everyone bashes the V1 for it's filtering. Well it's better for me than my Rx was.
    The only band that I have a problem with the level of alert is Ka band which I have only rarely gotten a full alert from even with confirmed sightings of LEOs. The last one I had just passed a state trooper in the opposite direction when he immediately used instant on radar on a car that was rapidly approaching me from behind (didn't notice me slowing down when I saw officer coming around in a big curve.) Some of this maybe low-power and rear instant on radar encounters which are all too common these days. Regardless, I know that tone very well and immediately slow down. I wish I could increase the audio alerts for Ka band like the V1 is capable of since falses are rare with the exception of POP mode on this band. K band on the unit goes full tone very well and loud.

When passing radar sources I usually get at least some continued alert from the RX65 for a few seconds at least. I think that this is due to "real-time" warnings. On cheap models they beep a certain number of times whenever they encounter a signal even if it immediately goes away.

As far as no notice from a trooper coming up behind you with the unit, I would have to say I have yet to experience this. In TN, I ran into constant on Ka band from the rear on multiple occassions and I got good warnings and had ample time to slow down. With instant on radar from behind the warnings were harder to interpret because they were intermittent and low in intensity until the officer got pretty close especially if they were using Ka band. These alerts could have easily been mistaken for "falses" if I did not know the area well or did not decide to err on the side of caution which I usually do anyway.

Since I always drive in highway mode and act as my own filter, I have no idea how well the city and autoscan modes work on the unit. When I have a passenger, I either mute very quickly or turn the unit off as I do not speed much with a passenger in the car. I love to know that my detector is working and when something is out of the ordinary even if it is off in the distance in the city giving me more time to slow down. I picked up instant on K band over a big hill this way in my city once.

The RX65 is a great performer and has saved me from a bunch of tickets so far even when I was the target with instant on radar on multiple occassions. Thank God there are still analog K band guns and LEOs that pull the trigger a little too soon especially with traffic around when they see me coming in the distance. The only time I have been ticketed since having it was with a well-orchestrated rear lidar encounter. I got my @$$ owned that day and took it like a man. Of course, the RX65 was dead silent and even if it had alerted I would have still gotten the ticket so I don't blame it at all.