Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mounting

i got a rx300 and i mount my RD up as high as it will go just below the rear view mirror. My RD doesnt have a Cobra holder for it, so i had to buy one from Best Buy for $12 (which is a piece of poop and it sucks so much cuz it blocks the laser and stuff and uc an barely push the buttons cuz adhesive and plastic everywhere and it just sucks butt. everything fromn best buy sucks anyway. Go to Sound Advice if u want real stuff). i mount mine high up cuz the laser on my RD isnt the best so i just forget about even trying to get a Laser detection so i just focus on radar detection..

I drive a Mazda3, I find it nice and convenient to mount it behind the RVM. Since I have 20% tint at the back and 50% at the front, should I be worrying about laser being shot from the rear? I was under the assumption that no radar detectors can detect laser shot from behind.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by killer23d
    I drive a Mazda3, I find it nice and convenient to mount it behind the RVM. Since I have 20% tint at the back and 50% at the front, should I be worrying about laser being shot from the rear? I was under the assumption that no radar detectors can detect laser shot from behind.
    The V1 can, it has a rear antenna. For other detectors, they can still alert to rear shots because radar bounces off objects in front of them and they then get the alert.

EDIT: I didn't realize you were talking laser, the above is about radar. All detectors have a rear laser diodes. But laser detection is general sucks anyways for detectors. The V1 seems to be a bit better.

It also looks aesthetically pleasing caz the RD is kind of hidden away behind the mirror. Since the Whistler only has front antenna, I don't think it matters if I block the rear.