Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Garage Openers using specific radar band?

    Can someone please give a list of what items such as garage openers using a specific radar band? When I am driving and my RX-65 is armed and ready and every single time it always goes off I am always on edge. Is this normal? I am always constantly scanning the road in front of me, looking in my rear view mirror, and side mirrors so I have not gotten a ticket yet. Also for the people who live in Beverly Hills because officers like to hide up in the trees and point their radar gun into oncoming traffic.

  2. #2
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East Bay Ca
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Don't you have gradient or variable audio? A slow beep is nothing to get all shaken up about, Also if you are living in LA turn that d_mm X band off. It's only used in about three states.

  3. #3

    Default Settings.

    I do have the wonderful X-band off. What do you mean by gradient or variable audio and slow beep? Right now my setting is on autoscan. Is changing from city to highway manually offer a better protection than having it on Autoscan? If so how do i switch from city to highway? Is there one button that you press? I want maximum coverage on all bands and reduced false alerts on other bands except for X-band since I will have it completely off.

  4. #4
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    968

    Default Re: Garage Openers using specific radar band?

    Quote Originally Posted by revlimiter98
    ... every single time it always goes off I am always on edge. Is this normal? I am always constantly scanning the road in front of me, looking in my rear view mirror, and side mirrors so I have not gotten a ticket yet...
    Directional Arrows would cut down on you locating the threat... however, that being said, the more you drive, you will become familiar with what is a possible threat and what isnt.

  5. #5
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Big Easy
    Posts
    625

    Default Re: Garage Openers using specific radar band?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent_Vino
    Quote Originally Posted by revlimiter98
    ... every single time it always goes off I am always on edge. Is this normal? I am always constantly scanning the road in front of me, looking in my rear view mirror, and side mirrors so I have not gotten a ticket yet...
    Directional Arrows would cut down on you locating the threat... however, that being said, the more you drive, you will become familiar with what is a possible threat and what isnt.
    You said it brother :!:

  6. #6
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East Bay Ca
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Like a Geiger counter from a slow beep to rapid to melt into a full tone under a possible radar lock situation. Guess Bell does not do this.

    I am not familiar with how the RX 65 works but I do know you cant have long range and minimal false alerts those two don't go together.

    As for accusweep be careful there is speculation that it misses some stalker ATR.

    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=181

  7. #7
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    Like a Geiger counter from a slow beep to rapid to melt into a full tone under a possible radar lock situation. Guess Bell does not do this.

    I am not familiar with how the RX 65 works but I do know you cant have long range and minimal false alerts those two don't go together.

    As for accusweep be careful there is speculation that it misses some stalker ATR.

    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=181
    Bel does have the gradient audio, and has for some time.

  8. #8
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    hehe, my mom's old Bel Microeye didn't, :-)

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. how do waveforms of k band door openers compare to radar
    By apchar in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 02:08 AM
  2. K band door openers...Opinions please
    By LordV in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 05:04 PM
  3. Solo2--K Band Door Openers??
    By wpruitt in forum Escort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 05:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •