Newcomer

Default mounting question

hello all. i'm the proud new owner of a bel sti driver, and i love it!

the problem is, living in VA where they are obviously illegal, i'm not sure where i should mount it. I was thinking above my rear view, but a few factors are kinda putting me against it like

a. the tint at the top of the windshield may reduce performance, and
    b. i'm not sure how many laser guns are used on the western side of VA, so i'm also concerned about laser detection if mounted high.

i also thought about mounting it very low, but the problem with that is that my car's windshield is very slanted, and its hard to even reach near the bottom of the windshield.

so what do you guys think, where is the best place to mount this bad boy so they can't spot it and ticket me

Power User

Default Re: mounting question

Quote Originally Posted by z3bu
    hello all. i'm the proud new owner of a bel sti driver, and i love it!

the problem is, living in VA where they are obviously illegal, i'm not sure where i should mount it. I was thinking above my rear view, but a few factors are kinda putting me against it like

a. the tint at the top of the windshield may reduce performance, and
    b. i'm not sure how many laser guns are used on the western side of VA, so i'm also concerned about laser detection if mounted high.

i also thought about mounting it very low, but the problem with that is that my car's windshield is very slanted, and its hard to even reach near the bottom of the windshield.

so what do you guys think, where is the best place to mount this bad boy so they can't spot it and ticket me
    a. As long as the tint is not metallic, it will not interfere with the RADAR detection. Another option would be to mount it on the visor with the optional visor mount. Just make sure it is mounted level and point straight no matter how you mount it.

b. Don't count on a detector to give you any kind of protection against laser. A detector does not provide warning to laser early enough for adequate protection. If you are worried about laser, you need a laser jammer.

Professional

Agreed about the laser.

I have mine on the visor hardwired with a cd holder covering it.