Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Sinking ia a "BEL-SALAD"

Hail boys!!!!!
    First of all..... I'm new in this amazing forum.
    I'm not very confident with radar detectors and all the other "wicked" devices. Sad but true , I'm just a beginner. Well.........

I HAVE A PROBLEM:
    My best friend is coming back from "world tour" and the States.... He bought a BLINDER M40 (for him) and unexpectedly a BEL 905 for me + veil + etc. etc.
    So, I've spent the last 4 days on the net (night/day!!!!!!!!!) looking for a nice radar detector..... at least a good one for my area (south of Europe -ITALY-)......

THE PROBLEM??? THEY'RE TOO MANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just know that........

Well, I'll go with a Beltronics for sure........

(don't get me wrong, I don't want to start any BRANDS-BATTLE like "Lego vs. Mattel" or "apples vs. oranges")

.........and for sure it will be a dash board unit, so I can even use it on my company car (BOSS SCREAMING SOMEWHERE......).
    Well, after a "good headache" the candidates are:

-RX65
    (need to say anything else???)

-990i
    (that I've been told was considered the best unit EVER for Europe and still is available in the States/good price)

-940/945 (??????????????)

(that mainly -I think- is just an "evolution" of the 990i and that is sold only in Europe....
    even if I've to go for a kidney donation: HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICE??????????)

-ELSE??????

You heard these questions billions of times...... But please let me know your opinions or any suggestions.

TO EVERYBODY:

MERCI , DANKE , THANK YOU , MUCHAS GRACIAS, GRAZIE

Experienced

Welcome on the board!

I think that from your list of preference the 550 should be the best in IT, EU. Yes, shame about the price - but you can find that problem everywhere. :cry:
    Unfortunately I have no practice with BEL 990i/995, yet. They aren't same as 550.

Anyway I should suppose you to look after Valentine1 first.

Thanx MISTER TT!!!!!

Yeah, Valentine is a great unit...... maybe the best...... I don't know!!!!!!
    But I've been told the main problem with the Valentine 1 -being an European citizen- are the upgrades!!!!!

I mean, in this case I have to send it in the states??
    Is it true???

Old Timer

I believe the rx65 would suite you well. It has the detection of KU band which is a must in your situation.

I could be wrong, but the most heavy enforcement over there is laser and photoradar correct?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    I believe the rx65 would suite you well. It has the detection of KU band which is a must in your situation.

I could be wrong, but the most heavy enforcement over there is laser and photoradar correct?
    If what Sethy says is correct, then you definatly need to get a Blinder Laser Jammer because a detector can only protect you so much from Laser. Also, if photo radar is big they I don't think the RX 65 is the best from what I had read.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by leepoffaith
    If what Sethy says is correct, then you definatly need to get a Blinder Laser Jammer because a detector can only protect you so much from Laser. Also, if photo radar is big they I don't think the RX 65 is the best from what I had read.
    a BEL 905 for me + veil + etc. etc.
    I'd go with a 550.

I have an RX65 and have never had a problem. No one around here in California uses photo radar from what I have seen unless its VASCAR.

-Trav

Lead Foot

In order for the LaserPro 905 to work, you must use a RX65, RX55, Vector 995, or Vector 965. The only detector on your list that would work with your system is the RX65. It has Ku band and an international Ka mode so it should work for you.

Wow boys!!!!!
    Thanx a lot.
    but.....

Laser pro 905 works JUST with RX65....... is it????
    I thought that they were indipendent.... one from each other!!!!

(boys be patient with me....... I'm not an expert!!!!!)

So in this case (unless I change the whole system.....) I have to go with the RX65!!!!!

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by nessuno
    Thanx MISTER TT!!!!!

Yeah, Valentine is a great unit...... maybe the best...... I don't know!!!!!!
    But I've been told the main problem with the Valentine 1 -being an European citizen- are the upgrades!!!!!

I mean, in this case I have to send it in the states??
    Is it true???
    You're welcome!
    Yes, it's true (but I think that the situation is the same with RX-65).