Newcomer

Default Laser tactic artice

Old artice, but interesting laser tactics.

http://www.fhp.state.fl.us/html/FHPI...hyTroopers.htm

Professional

Operation Crossing Guard, a twist on the origianl Operation Hardhat

http://www.fhp.state.fl.us/html/Troo...ard091802.html

Ed

Newcomer

I haven't noticed that one, but there are usually police around the school zones every day in Miami. That doesn't really bother me since I don't speed when I am in a school zone anyway.

Good Citizen

Default Total number of drivers

That article is such BS. If cops really wanted people to slow down they wouldn't try and hide themselves as construction workers and bring in revenue... They would just position themselves in VERY visable spots and not give out tickets "Every 2 minutes.". What a crock....not to mention insurance rates skyrocket with a ticket.

Professional

I NEVER speed in school zones, simply because I wouldn't want to face a situation where I could have avoided hurting a child had I not been speeding. The few seconds it takes to cross a school zone are no problem to slow down.

When there's a construction zone with workers near the road, I also slow down to the speed limit and move over if possible. Sometimes you do run across a construction zone that's miles long, and there are no workers in sight. :?:

I think things like "Your Speed is " signs and police in highly visable locations do slow most folks down, but when a particular area is having a chronic problem, supported by crash and accident data, or speed survey's, then perhaps these kinds of tactics are justified. I think the news coverage of it also touches a lot of folks besides those that got ticketed, and gets them to slow down as well.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of cases where speed enforcement seems to be driven only by revenue collection, and I'm not taking up for that at all.

Ed