Radar Fanatic

Default K band Mercedes today

I was sitting in the left turn lane getting onto 35E today on my way home from work. I had the V1 in l mode with a 15sec K mute enabled. All of a sudden I get a 3 strength K band single bogey up ahead that kept going away and coming back, thinking it was IO after the stop light I muted it and changed it back to A mode for the freeway. As I get on the freeway the K band went to 3 again and the arrow stayed to the front.

I notice a Merc S600 V12 ahead of me. I get next to him and the strength jumps up to 5 and the bogeys go from 1-3. I snapped a pic with my phone but its a crappy picture, sorry.

Good Citizen

I saw the same thing a couple of weeks ago. see my post:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...900&highlight=

Apparently they have a K band radar that works in conjunction with their cruise control.

Rich Dunklee
    NR2D

Professional

Hey guys that is called distronic by mercedes a radar assited cruise control has been around for about 6 years now. Mercedes, lexus, and now even bmw have a similar system check this out http://www.mbusa.com/byo/pop_opt_pac...=o&model=S550V

Radar Fanatic

Any idea how far away you are picking up the Benz? Must not be a very strong radar if you only get 5 LEDs driving right next to it.

GTO_04

Radar Fanatic

He was about 3 cars infront of me at the stop light, so its not really that far, and it shouldnt cause that scary IO full blast thing.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DogGod
    He was about 3 cars infront of me at the stop light, so its not really that far, and it shouldnt cause that scary IO full blast thing.
    Well, that's good to know. It probably won't be as much of a problem as all the Crapras on the road!

I picked up a full scale Ka alert yesterday from what appeared to be a Uniden. It was so strong it overrode the Ka false alarm guard and my V1 would not J it out. But that is how the J alert is supposed to work. If it's a really strong signal, it is assumed to be police radar and is reported. My V1 has never J'ed out a real radar source.

GTO_04

Power User

Default Re: K band Mercedes today

Quote Originally Posted by DogGod
    I was sitting in the left turn lane getting onto 35E today on my way home from work. I had the V1 in l mode with a 15sec K mute enabled. All of a sudden I get a 3 strength K band single bogey up ahead that kept going away and coming back, thinking it was IO after the stop light I muted it and changed it back to A mode for the freeway. As I get on the freeway the K band went to 3 again and the arrow stayed to the front.

I notice a Merc S600 V12 ahead of me. I get next to him and the strength jumps up to 5 and the bogeys go from 1-3. I snapped a pic with my phone but its a crappy picture, sorry.

V1's K band is just more sensitive than the other RD's. It beats the RX65, X50 and 9500i. Bogey counter is a different story and is not accurate. Most importantly, you got the alert and without arrows, you would have a harder time looking for the source.

Old Timer

Default wow

Interesting, radar assisted c/c? This morning, I was behind a Nissan car that had the laser assisted c/c and laser went off on my V1.

Radar Fanatic

YEAH does anyone know if the new Volvo that alerts if your too close to another vehicle sets off detectors.

these new cars got too many gadgets................................... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: