Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default You know your a radar detector addict when....

The first thing I ever did when I bought my car was to get a detector....

3 years later I have owned 4 and they are getting more and more expensive...

I though I would stop buying when I got the X50(being one of the best in the market)

I was still not satisfied and wanted the best so I got the V1

I have not gotten a ticket with all the detectors i bought (1 when i borrowed my friends non X50 8500)

People think I am nuts about buying all these detectors but I am fascinated with detectors...

I have friends who love cell phones, televisions, music..... I am just into cars especially detectors!!

will V1 be my last detector.... yes until something better comes out!!!! hehehehe

****** after using the detectors I dont know how anyone could possible use other except V1, Passport or the RX65.... all others seem like they dont work!**********

Radar Fanatic

I definitely know what you mean. My only real obsession is toys for my car, and especially radar detectors. It's not like I even drive all that fast. I just get a kick out of it.

Speed Demon

I know how you mean. I'd love to have an RX65 and V1 "just 'cuz" but for right now I'm really happy with my X50.

I'm a GPS geek (handheld) and have several of those. I was a little better off financially back then (before my wife went back to school) so was able to afford a few different ones. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get at least a V1 then an RX65 or anything else that comes out that's good :wink:

Lead Foot

just search for 'detector collector' and you'll see my habit hehe'

Newcomer

Yeah, I think it is just the fun of owning the owner If that makes any sense. The LEO are out there, hiding, and trying to get your speed to earn some money, and maybe take away your licence. But then the detector tells you that there is a speed trap, so you can slow down, and avoid the ticket, while seeing lots of cars getting pulled over for speeding. The blinder is also great (even more fun), because you are actually blocking the LEO from reading your speed . The V1 and blinder are great to have in Norway, because the tickets for speeding here are HUGE. My friend got hit by laser doing 52km/h in a 40km/h sone. He got a $500 ticket. :shock:

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm
    My friend got hit by laser doing 52km/h in a 40km/h sone. He got a $500 ticket. :shock:
    outch!!

this forum is HIGHLY Addictive

Good Citizen

Default I use my cruise control...

I am in the same boat with you guys, I don't really speed at all, I generally use my cruise control. I concider it a game between me and THEM!!! I just love the challenge. I was reading this thread to my wife and she said there are other people out there like you. I love gadgets. It could be worse!!!!!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    I definitely know what you mean. My only real obsession is toys for my car, and especially radar detectors. It's not like I even drive all that fast. I just get a kick out of it.
    haa I am soo the same.....i have so many toys in my car the battery needs replacing every 6 months

Good Citizen

Default I need more gadgets...

I need more gadgets, but I manage a car dealership and drive different vehicles every day, so mine have to be portable! Is there anything I need that is portable???

Radar Fanatic

i go to random car forums and search for "radar"

i read through the posts and sometimes reply