Newcomer

Default What better? rx65 6,1 vs V1 on european roads??? help

types of radars:

speed camera:AD9T - 34,3 GHz, 34,0 GHz- typical 0,5 mW
    and: multanova, ramer 7, gatso

I apologize for translation ops:

Old Timer

Default either

Either the V1 or the RX65 for Europe. They also use ku band over there so make sure it's turned on.

Advanced Member

V1 running in Euro Mode :wink:

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

Default Re: What better? rx65 6,1 vs V1 on european roads??? help

Quote Originally Posted by miroslaw
    types of radars:

speed camera:AD9T - 34,3 GHz, 34,0 GHz- typical 0,5 mW
    and: multanova, ramer 7, gatso

I apologize for translation ops:
    V1, but I would go for Euro550 or STi Driver.

Experienced

v1 in euro mode or target euro 550 (there is a new replacement model coming soon). or Bel 945/965/995/975 with special fw (only available in slovakia and czech rep as far as i know)

STi is pretty weak agains 34GHz (ramer, ad9t.. same manufacturer).. RX65 even worse.. usually you get an alert only once you get clocked.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by ragamix
    v1 in euro mode or target euro 550 (there is a new replacement model coming soon). or Bel 945/965/995/975 with special fw (only available in slovakia and czech rep as far as i know)

STi is pretty weak agains 34GHz (ramer, ad9t.. same manufacturer).. RX65 even worse.. usually you get an alert only once you get clocked.
    About 975R, it has 33.8, 34.36, 34.7 and 35.5 GHz Ka Narrow bands (and SuperWide Ka). I have never heard about special firmware for it so it can monitor 34.00GHz. There is 966R and it has only 34.3GHz Ka and that's it as far as I know...

Any web pages where we can find more abut that special firmware :?:

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by g-zona
    About 975R, it has 33.8, 34.36, 34.7 and 35.5 GHz Ka Narrow bands (and SuperWide Ka). I have never heard about special firmware for it so it can monitor 34.00GHz. There is 966R and it has only 34.3GHz Ka and that's it as far as I know...

Any web pages where we can find more abut that special firmware :?:
    Yup except it's all in Czech.. not sure if you can understand. It's www antiradar.cz The special FW is referred to as "CZ verze" These detectors work well in all Europe.

But I’ll try to explain what and why.

Ramer 7 and AD9T are made in the Czech rep (same manufacturer) and it's currently the only radar system used in Slovakia and the Czech rep(except for laser and fixed traps). Because of low output power (2mW max.. 0.5mW typical) Ka superwide does not work satisfactory here as the sensitivity under 34.00GHz is too low. Normally when you get an alert it’s already too late. So a company in Prague developed it’s own special firmware for the 965/995 and 975 that looks for 34.00GHz and 34.3GHz Ka EUR (might be that the FW is different in other things as well e.g. threshold tweak so that the unit is more sensitive.. don’t know more details sorry. This Ka EUR/Narrow is however not the same Ka NarrowBand that the original US versions have!)

V1 is EURO mode and Bel Target 550 both work well too. 550 will soon be replaced with a new model. STi does work but it’s really not too good also because of low sensitivity under 34.00GHz. BTW the low sensitivity of the original US models is a result of false alerts filtering caused by low end and old detectors – so the detectors (valid likely for all original Bels) wait until the radar signal strength exceed a certain threshold before it alerts.. but with Ramer7 and AD9T that’s too late and by the time you get an alert you already have your picture taken.

So that’s about it. It’s really just a quick overview so let me know if you want to know more (not that I know everything of course)