Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Founder of Stealthvation

Default What Has Pop "Protection" Done For Us Lately?

Well I can tell you that these are the things it has done for me while using an X50, RX65, V1, and STI.

1) More falses
    2) Reduced sensitivity

What has it done to the industry as a whole? Well POP implementation has reduced sensitivity for a lot of manufacturers. So I ask you this do you think POP "protection" is worth the trouble? My answer is HELL NO since one has a better chance of getting struck by lightining than getting a ticket with POP.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

its not worth the trouble at all and manufacturers i would guess were aware of it. POP detection came out because it spooked your average consumer thinking that it was going to become the industry standard speed measurement equipment. That is not the case as we see.

All i know is that SOME detector company started the POP detection craze just to lure in the average consumer.. so the other detector companies had to follow suit not to lose customers.

does anyone know what the first detector to feature POP?

Radar Fanatic

Well, I agree on this issue.

It's not used in many states plus it can't be used to issue a ticket ( legally ).

When the LEO flips to normal mode to get conformation of the violation it's the same thing as " Instant On ". So to back happya$$ up on this, if they would make more sensitive detectors we could pick of that scatter from a greater distance away.

I also would like to stress Event Horizon's point.
    POP was just a marketing ploy to sell more detectors.
    POP is not a threat and will never really be one.

Radar Fanatic

It has always been an advertising gimick.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    It has always been an advertising gimick.
    Yeah but this marketing gimick is costing us valuable DB's!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

How do we know it reduces detection? And, if that is true should we turn POP off? I have POP enabled on all of my RD's...

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy
    How do we know it reduces detection? And, if that is true should we turn POP off? I have POP enabled on all of my RD's...
    Extensive research and talking to the gurus of the industry. Turning off POP on most detectors will not help since all it does is it does not trully disable POP but rather mutes it meaning it still scans but does not report it.

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy
    Extensive research and talking to the gurus of the industry. Turning off POP on most detectors will not help since all it does is it does not trully disable POP but rather mutes it meaning it still scans but does not report it.
    Some people have said enabling POP increases detection, which is why I enable it. But, you are saying regardless if POP is on or off detection range isn't affected?

Radar Fanatic

I turned POP on my RX65 once and i got tons of falses from crobras i think it is very useless.
    Here is how i see it if a LEO gives me a ticket using radar and i have a detector (with one of the best reps in the buissness) and i don't pick any signal up i'm going to court and i'll say just that. Either the LEO never clocked me or he used POP and either way i can't get a ticket (at leasted with radar writen on the ticket). One of the reasons i have a RD is so i know if they really got my speed.

ES13Raven

POP isn't worth the falses...