Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: which one?

Speed Demon

Default which one?

Hi u all and I have many question to ask u all. I live in a small town (AKA Holiday Speed trap ) on the far eastside of Cincinnati, Ohio and it takes about 30 to an hour to get anywhere big and I don稚 have time to waste. I had bought a Cobra 9975 off of Radio shack and was happy with it until I was hit with a laser (I知 luck for not getting pulled over or sent a ticket) Anyway I知 cruising down the road and I saw the mustang ahead of me hit his brakes then I QUICKLY saw the state boy in the median and QUICKLY turned off my cruise (I heard if u hit your brakes they know that u were meaning to speed) and pulled be hide another car and as soon as I did that my laser went crazy (I have talked to many truckers and they tell me the same thing as soon as your hit with a laser your done) .So as soon as I got home I got the reseat and returned it back to never even think about a radar/laser detector again. I知 young and I have a and my insurance is out the @$$. Can you tell me the best things to get that wont cost me a arm and a leg just a arm if u could help it. Also when you guys have been pulled over how fast were you going over the limit?

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: which one?

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat
    Hi u all and I have many question to ask u all. I live in a small town (AKA Holiday Speed trap ) on the far eastside of Cincinnati, Ohio and it takes about 30 to an hour to get anywhere big and I don稚 have time to waste. I had bought a Cobra 9975 off of Radio shack and was happy with it until I was hit with a laser (I知 luck for not getting pulled over or sent a ticket) Anyway I知 cruising down the road and I saw the mustang ahead of me hit his brakes then I QUICKLY saw the state boy in the median and QUICKLY turned off my cruise (I heard if u hit your brakes they know that u were meaning to speed) and pulled be hide another car and as soon as I did that my laser went crazy (I have talked to many truckers and they tell me the same thing as soon as your hit with a laser your done) .So as soon as I got home I got the reseat and returned it back to never even think about a radar/laser detector again. I知 young and I have a 98 mustang and my insurance is out the @$$. Can you tell me the best things to get that wont cost me a arm and a leg just a arm if u could help it. Also when you guys have been pulled over how fast were you going over the limit?
    Buy a laser jammer either the Blinder or Lidatek LE30.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    What if i use veil and a good radar detector would that be enough ?? One of the main reasons i ask if do buy the laser jammer i would have to buy a radar detector which all this would cost around $700 which i dont have.What would you call safe speed if going over 5 , 10 or none ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    What if i use veil and a good radar detector would that be enough ?? One of the main reasons i ask if do buy the laser jammer i would have to buy a radar detector which all this would cost around $700 which i dont have.What would you call safe speed if going over 5 , 10 or none ?
    Depends on the what detector you plan on using and the color of your car. But for utimate Laser protection get a Blinder

Going 5-10 over is usually safe but some times cops target cars like yours

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

Yeah i kinda noticed that.I know for sure that they love giving tickets to out of towners because they probably wont go to court over it.Anyway my car is i would load it on here but i dont know exactly how to do it.I drive on the highway ALOT. I just want the best detector for the highway.

Radar Fanatic

Yeah i kinda noticed that.I know for sure that they love giving tickets to out of towners because they probably wont go to court over it.Anyway my car is dark red i would load it on here but i dont know exactly how to do it.I drive on the highway ALOT. I just want the best detector for the highway.
    General opinion is that the best highway detector is the Valentine One. Also, red is an excelent color with regards to laser, just as good as black. With some veil, a lasershield, and a V1, you really wouldn't even have to worry about a laser jammer at all.

Speed Demon

Sweet sweet sweet thats what I love to hear. Personaly im still leaning towards an X50 or a bel but I will look into the V1. Also how do u load pictures on here with out an url

Radar Fanatic

There isn't any way to post pics on here without a host, I use www.imageshack.com

If you need laser defense and aren't planning to get a jammer, the V1 would be the only way to go. It's laser detection is in a league of it's own. It's really the only performance aspect that really sets it apart from the others.

Speed Demon

nope

Radar Fanatic

Here she is which very soon also i am getting a sweet body kit for it.
    [URL=http://img104.echo.cx/my.php?image=picture0163bs.jpg][/URL
    Nice. Is that the front plate you normally run with? If so, all you need for laser defense is a can of Veil for the lights and a detector with good laser sensitivity.