Newcomer

Default Should I keep the rx65 or go for the Valentine1

Hi everybody i live on the south suburbs of chicago, I currently own a rx65 and Iam pretty happy with it, but I always wanted to try the V1, with all these people talking about how good it is. Well manily alot of ka band is used around my house, some constant on and some Instant on, thats why i went with the rx65 because of ka. But does the V1 have better ka range then the rx65, i do not live in the city, i live in the suburbs, so the v1 would not go off evertime. I do, do some higyway driving but not alot, what i want to know is, is ka better on the V1 then the rx65, should i go with the v1 or keep the rx65, i would like to here any opinion that you guys might have thanx.

Advanced Member

If you can afford it, buy the V1. You won't be disappointed.

The V1 may drive you a little nuts in urban areas, but on the open highway, it rocks.

8)

Professional

Default Re: Should I keep the rx65 or go for the Valentine1

Quote Originally Posted by rsxti
    what i want to know is, is ka better on the V1 then the rx65, should i go with the v1 or keep the rx65, i would like to here any opinion that you guys might have thanx.
    I would keep the RX-65. It is a great Rd and great on Ka-band. The V1 isnt that much better and in some cases worse than the Bel Rx-65. Especially since you dont do alot of highway driving the Rx-65 is better for you. I know sometimes you wonder about your ka-band range but the truth is all the Top 4 will amost alert at the same time in a real world situation. Someimtes range can be great then sometimes only .2-.3 miles. its just not all radar encounters are the same. Don't be discouraged by poor range on one event. Trust me i have learned a very $$$ costly lesson on switching back and forth from the Top 3. Each have their own times of shine and shame.Keep your Rx-65, it iss a solid RD! Now if you were new to the RD world i would recommend the V1 solely bc a used one can resale on ebay for $350+. By far the best resale value RD!

Good Citizen

Try the V1, and if you dont like it, you can always return it before the 30 day trial is up. You wont be disapointed.

Old Timer

Default agree

Jdoggy has a point, give the V1 a try and if you are NOT impressed, return it before the 30 days and get your money back. Then maybe you'll try the X50 or the STi.