Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is this?

Professional

Default What is this?

Took this of a LEO's car.
    Is this pop?

Professional

Looks like an Directional Golden Eagle ka-band.

Its not pop, just ka-band 35.5ghz. Also Jimbonzzz should know for sure.

The Directional Golden Eagle is the first directional radar to be fully approved and tested by the IACP!

New Directional Capabilities allow target discrimination in stationary mode for approaching or receding traffic. The unit also eliminates the need for the operator to select faster or slower targets in same direction mode.

New Antenna Design provides a longer shooting range, faster target acquisition, and more precise target identification.

Menu Options allow you to choose from four different user-selectable types of output to video systems; toggle or push and hold fastest mode; select from mph or kph; and other modes of operation.

Same Direction / Fastest Capability allows the unit to display the strongest and the fastest same direction targets simultaneously.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by hookem202
    Looks like an Directional Golden Eagle ka-band.

Its not pop, just ka-band 35.5ghz. Also Jimbonzzz should know for sure.

The Directional Golden Eagle is the first directional radar to be fully approved and tested by the IACP!

New Directional Capabilities allow target discrimination in stationary mode for approaching or receding traffic. The unit also eliminates the need for the operator to select faster or slower targets in same direction mode.

New Antenna Design provides a longer shooting range, faster target acquisition, and more precise target identification.

Menu Options allow you to choose from four different user-selectable types of output to video systems; toggle or push and hold fastest mode; select from mph or kph; and other modes of operation.

Same Direction / Fastest Capability allows the unit to display the strongest and the fastest same direction targets simultaneously.

Looks like you're right Hookem. If you are, then no, it wouldn't have POP. MPH is the manufacturer who has POP. I don't think Kustom has a feature similar to MPH's POP, at least not yet anyway.
    Outside Independence Hall when the Constitutional Convention of 1787 ended, Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."

-V1 3.872 (1.3 Mi. C/O Ka pointed away from me. 3.6 Mi. C/O K)-Bel RX65 New Backup (4.1 Mi. C/O Ka 35.494 Ghz, light traffic) -Laser Interceptor Gen-8 Dual (No saves yet ) -Bel 980. -Galaxy DX 959 with a peak and tune.
    -Wilson Lil' Wil antennae. -Whistler 1585. -Whistler 1430. -Passort 3200 w/ 1000 laser detector (got stolen, bought one off ebay for nostalga).
    -Cobra Trapshooter RD-31XX? (Can't remember silver/teardrop shape X, K only). -Cobra Trapshooter RD-3110 (my first RD in 1987, when Cobras were good, bought one off ebay for nostalga new in the box). -Kustom HAWK. -Kustom Falcon cordless K Band. -Kustom Talon.

Radar Fanatic

No POP for Kustom Signals.....yet
    RR

Lead Foot

:?
    Hello,

Yes a Kustom Eagle, Ka either a 'plain' / silver or golden, hard to tell from the picture. It would have these modes by model:
    Plain - Stationary / moving only
    Silver or Plus - Stationary / moving / Fastest
    Golden - Stationary / Moving / Fastest / Same Lane
    So the next time you can take a peep at it. Should say 'Golden Eagle' on the right side.

Like the others have said, only MPH has POP mode.

Take care,
    Spin

Professional

There's also an Eagle Plus, which seems to have replaced the Silver Eagle at some point. As far as I can tell, there's no functional difference between a Silver Eagle and an Eagle Plus.

Lead Foot

8)
    Hello,

Yes, I knew there was another one called "Plus" but I also see no difference between them. Both the Silver and Plus do Stationary and moving and has Fastest mode only. So I'll go up and 'fix' that post.

Take care,

Spin

Old Timer

So, in Spec mode, this would be 35.5, right?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO
    yeah or around there. My x50 reported always varied on k and ka-band. For intance on a state trooper i got a reading of 35.467

Speedtrap Crasher

Quote Originally Posted by hookem202
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO
    yeah or around there. My x50 reported always varied on k and ka-band. For intance on a state trooper i got a reading of 35.467
    Ka 35.4XX I'm still standing on the brakes.
    Also Ka 33.200.
    See: http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...802&highlight=
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200