Stealthcb

Default RD to RD Interference Demonstrated

I don't know how many of you will be able to view the videos -- they're Quicktime from my cellphone -- but I decided to put my Bel 715i in my car while my Whistler Pro-73 was operating today.

The videos show the results. Basically, when I plugged the Bel in but did NOT power it on, I got about 2-3 seconds of Ka band false alerts. In the second video, you can see me power on the Bel (which is on my dash), and the strength increases on the Whistler's Ka false. Still goes away after a few seconds, but it looks like a true Ka hit there for a second....the Whistler had auto-quieted at that point, but the strength went from 2 to 6.

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4ddizrr

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2jc7f2t

OK...so I suck at the posting videos thing....

Lead Foot

i noticed that an rx65 set off my v1 on K band as it powered on and then mostly stayed quiet. When both detectors were getting a signal the rx65 made the v1 show more then was out there. Neither of the detectors interfered with range testing. When I had both on they detected constant on KA at about the same time, and the range didn't change when I tried them independently.

So if you have two rd's to compare, falses aside, you can compare their detection range with both on. Although it would be good to verify the results independently.

Stealthcb

Quote Originally Posted by polakatl
    i noticed that an rx65 set off my v1 on K band as it powered on and then mostly stayed quiet. When both detectors were getting a signal the rx65 made the v1 show more then was out there. Neither of the detectors interfered with range testing. When I had both on they detected constant on KA at about the same time, and the range didn't change when I tried them independently.

So if you have two rd's to compare, falses aside, you can compare their detection range with both on. Although it would be good to verify the results independently.
    Yeah, I'm going to run my WHistler and my Pro 73 against some known Your Speed radars this weekend. One at a time, then with both on. See how it works.