Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beating VASCAR

Banned

Default Beating VASCAR

So what should i do when i see the measurement lines on the road beside me and a chopper ahead ??? and u were speeding within those lines should i pull over and take a piss or slow down alot to make up for the time i sped threw ???
    <<<BTW 300 post mark

Advanced Member

Default Re: Beating VASCAR

Quote Originally Posted by Iknox
    So what should i do when i see the measurement lines on the road beside me and a chopper ahead ??? and u were speeding within those lines should i pull over and take a piss or slow down alot to make up for the time i sped threw ???
    <<<BTW 300 post mark
    Well it might be a News Chopper, Air Ambulance, Private Chopper or Military, so you may be peeing a lot......

Newcomer

Default Re: Beating VASCAR

Quote Originally Posted by Iknox
    <<<BTW 300 post mark
    um they can fine or arrest you for public indecency if you just decide to just randomly pull over and start pissing on the highway. usually if vascar is used through chopper on a particular highway, they post signs all over the road, and there are those special lines.

there are no cures against VASCAR...SLOW DOWN!!! VASCAR isn't the most accurate method of speed detection, but it's prolly the most undetectable...and unpredicatble.

i mean, how the hell do you know if a chopper of all things is looking for you...that's just it, you don't, it's not like you can stick your head out the window and look at the sky like Ace Ventura or something, you crash into somebody.

Power User

only cure is a scanner and a good set of eyes.

Good Citizen

If you notice it after you've crossed the line... slow down to BELOW the speed limit before you pass the exit line. Your speed will average out a lot lower than what you were going when you entered the trap.

Good Citizen

They usually don't have huge sections for VASCAR and it is not major inhibitance to your trip to slow down for the lines. I know what I do, when I pass over the lines, I look every time and I watch my speed more in those zones.

Good Citizen

Pull over to the side, pop the hood, look at the engine like it made some mysterious horrible noise, scratch your head for a a couple seconds, get back in, and drive on!

Professional

my v1 picks up vascar.... 8)

as a matter of fact, my last ticket that I received 2 years ago was by vascar... after that is when I took the plunge for the V1.

Scratonicity Groupie

just curious. I've never witnessed VASCAR before and i'm going on my road trip down through, VA, NC, & SC. Do they have to post a sign that says VASCAR being used?

Thanks for the help!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    just curious. I've never witnessed VASCAR before and i'm going on my road trip down through, VA, NC, & SC. Do they have to post a sign that says VASCAR being used?

Thanks for the help!
    VASCAR isn't as easy to spot as you think. not evry place relies on lines on the road, they might put some kinda marker down the road, record the distance of that marker to where they sit and then time you between them and that point or object they put down the road...your best bet against VASCAR is a scanner

Generally if you see the lines on the road slow dow though

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96