Default Identification help

A friend of mine gave me an old RD he was going to toss. I wanted to see if anybody knew anything. It is labeled Snooper C5001 across the front with XK-FR in the upper corner? I think it is around 10-12 years old? Thanks for any help you can provide

Professional

Default Re: Identification help

Quote Originally Posted by mellis
    A friend of mine gave me an old RD he was going to toss. I wanted to see if anybody knew anything. It is labeled Snooper C5001 across the front with XK-FR in the upper corner? I think it is around 10-12 years old? Thanks for any help you can provide
    I believe, but could be wrong, that is the same company (can't remember the name) that makes Cobras

Lead Foot

Default Re: Identification help

Quote Originally Posted by mellis
    . I believe that company was located in connecticut? They made remote and dash mounted radar detectors. Basically no frill radar detectors with average X,K detection does not detect ka or laser.

Good Citizen

A complete waste to use it. Will not give you total band protection and obviously no laser protection. Donate it to the Guy's of Lidar museum.

www.guysoflidar.com

Default you are right

leo68, you're right. It seems to be a dash mounted unit or remote unit. I guess I should have mentioned that. I suppose you run the unit to the front grill or similar? Yeah, I guess it is ready for the RD museum.