Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Old Timer

Default Ohio State Patrol = Pain in the...

So I'm coming home from University of Cincinnati when I pass 2 state troopers sitting in their speed trap. One is right over a hill, and the other is 2 miles down the highway in plain view. Even the previous night on the way down there, I drove by one and it stayed silent as well.

I have one of them X50's, and it is starting to get me nervous as how it is staying silent each and every time I pass by one.

I have my radar detector mounted as low it can in the middle of the windshield.

What in the heck are they using?! I am hoping its not laser, but I am also thinking my x50 does not cover pop on 2 bands. What band does the X50 detect pop on? Roy, this is where you start saying nice things about the m-20

Good Citizen

7000miles away....same story...

police here have an order not to use their automatic mode on the radar guns...only the instant-on and ONLY to trigger it if they think the car coming is driving fast....

A tip: next time drive at 100mph and see what happens

Founder of Stealthvation

Sthy,

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Ohio State Troopers use laser HEAVILY. They also use Ka band radar guns. They also use instant on X band radar. I have drove by them before and nothing alerted me. I think that they likr to sit there and take naps. I saw the funniest thing the other day. A ranger in a park had Ka band radar. Man does this state waist OUR tax money on STUPID $_ _ _! Now going back to the Ohio State Troopers, I have gotten zapped with Ka band instant on a few weeks ago. Luckily I saw him way before. Ohio is ONE money hungry state. They are in dEEP financial hurt so them troopers are on a terror for a little extra revenue.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Old Timer

I live down between Dayton and Cinci, and I swear they are impossable to beat. When I had my brand X radar detector, it never went off. I thought his radar wasnt on- and boy was I ever wrong. As he was writing me a ticket, I was bashing the detector on the dash.

Just a few months ago, Ohio gave 3 million to cops for new police equipment for issueing speeding tickets. It was all over the news down here...

Anyways, I will be buying a M-20 very soon. I am curious to know if there is a way that the officer can tell that you have a jammer.

Radar Fanatic

Sethy,

I believe the X50 does not cover the MPH Industries models Enforcer™ (K band POP)

Although I have heard of one receiver maker that does cover this lightning fast frequency. Can anybody remember the name of the this manufacture or unit?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave
    Sethy,

I believe the X50 does not cover the MPH Industries models Enforcer™ (K band POP)

Although I have heard of one receiver maker that does cover this lightning fast frequency. Can anybody remember the name of the this manufacture or unit?
    The V1 picked up K band POP before POP was even added to the 8500.

Old Timer

ooo ooo I know! Its the one I cant use in the city!

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    You shouldn't speed in the city Sethy. Your mommy and daddy will take away your car.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by BiGeAsYgUy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    -
    You shouldn't speed in the city Sethy. Your mommy and daddy will take away your car.
    Why do you always try to act old and mature? Judging by the amount of people that you have angered on these forums, you should start catching on that maybe you are old, but sure as heck not mature. You should really stop posting if you don't have anything constructive to say. If you looked at my other post, you would know my city is very spread out and I will not endanger anyone.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    I guess this is the reason Ohio is the home of the Radar Detector industry for such a long period of time!

I love you Ohio!!
    Hey man, where in ohio are you located at anyways?